Furnished Rentals

Old Oct 15th 2012, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough
Default Furnished Rentals

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any handy site where I might be able to find short term furnished rentals? What we are wanting to do is rent a place for a while until we can figure out just where it is we should be living- where suits us, and the best way I can think of doing that is by exploring first hand. I have spent so much time on Rightmove, but it seems the majority are unfurnished and long term. I'd like something that would be available for say a month or so. Like a vacation rental, which I have done a search for and only find incredibly high priced high class places that are only for a week or so at a time.
We have kids and we have animals and are not looking for something that is going to drain us dry. I just can't seem to find anything. Anyone have any ideas?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Angliandreamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Furnished Rentals

I couldn't have said it better. It would be good to find a site or rental site like this. Would suit many people looking to find the right area in the UK. Yeah Rigthmove....all my time looking and dreaming.

Hope something is out there.

Thanks.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree, I also looked on Rightmove (not moving now but much later) as it was also a thought to rent for a few months in an area where we may like to retire to, thereby not risking anything and I could not find anything. If someone finds this info, perhaps we could leave it in WIKI files?
Old Oct 15th 2012, 10:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

I can't help with a specific site but we did get lucky with a holiday rental. It took a while before we found something that was a decent mix of location/quality/price, but we did in the end. I would try contacting a few likely looking places, you might find they will do a deal on a longer term stay, particularly if you’re in low season. Also, remember that you are not having to pay (usually) bills or council tax so remember to factor that in when you’re considering value for money.
Old Oct 15th 2012, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough

It took a while before we found something that was a decent mix of location/quality/price, but we did in the end.
How did you go about this may I ask?
Old Oct 16th 2012, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Almo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud ofAlmo has much to be proud of

Nothing more sophisticated than hours spent on google I'm afraid. We got the idea of looking for a holiday rental from SallySimmons and then just started googling in the areas we wanted. There are a few websites that have holiday rentals (hoseasons is one) but for us they were not particularly useful as we needed somewhere that was pet friendly and it was often hard to incorporate that in search fields.

Some areas might have local directories, we found one which was useful in and around the Harrogate area and that did allow us to specify that we wanted pet friendly, but the properties were mostly too expensive for us.

We found a few places and I emailed them directly to ask for prices.
Old Oct 16th 2012, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Supernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to allSupernoodles is a name known to all

Have you guys looked at airbnb & sites like gumtree in your desired location? They often have short term lets for people going on holiday etc, worth looking
Old Oct 16th 2012, 7:24 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Look up holiday rentals + the town you want to live in. When we came back, I googled holiday rentals + Harrogate and found several options including this one http://www.harrogateholidays.co.uk/. I called them and they had a few places available for longer term rental. We chose a place in Knaresborough and were able to rent it for 7 weeks.

Anywhere that attracts either tourists or business travelers will have similar companies.