Friday's question...

Old Feb 27th 2004, 2:17 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya GD and M

Yes me too...the box outside Tesco's bit..I once slept in a phone box in my drunken youth so know just how smaller gap I can curl up into.

I think I am going to ban my mum from reading the Daily Mail. Whenever I talk to her she tells me all these sad stories and the doomy side of the UK. I know it exists but I do feel the more you read it and go into it the more depressed life seems. I don't mean people should not inform themselves but too much doom and gloom is not good for the soul. That's it she will now have to look at a paper that can only print piccies cos the readers can't read......the one and only SUN...a real newspaper...lol

Sorry all you SUN readers.....mystic meg..ooohhhhhhhhhhh :scared:

P

Merlot have sent you a pm...
Old Feb 27th 2004, 8:45 pm
Life's next chapter is?

theguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to beholdtheguitardoctor is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Pants
Hiya GD and M

Yes me too...the box outside Tesco's bit..I once slept in a phone box in my drunken youth so know just how smaller gap I can curl up into.

I think I am going to ban my mum from reading the Daily Mail. Whenever I talk to her she tells me all these sad stories and the doomy side of the UK. I know it exists but I do feel the more you read it and go into it the more depressed life seems. I don't mean people should not inform themselves but too much doom and gloom is not good for the soul. That's it she will now have to look at a paper that can only print piccies cos the readers can't read......the one and only SUN...a real newspaper...lol

Sorry all you SUN readers.....mystic meg..ooohhhhhhhhhhh :scared:

P

Merlot have sent you a pm...
Yup, the Daily Mail is what my folks read...doom and gloom...all I ever hear from them is "bloody asylum seekers" etc, etc.....you know the rest....

Stick to the Sun or the Sport (if you want to avoid reality completely)....

Rich
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:40 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

People normally say to us that we'll be back here once we realise how bad the UK is!?

What? Is there something we didn't know about the UK in the 30 something years we lived there? I know for a fact that we won't be coming back. We couldn't afford to but most of all, wouldn't want to.

I do know of a family that came to OZ, they got homesick went back to the UK, only to come out again and then feel homesick (again) and off they went back to the UK again! This must be terrible if you have a feeling that you forever 'need to be somewhere' but just can't seem to make it work? I am not one of these.
Old Feb 27th 2004, 11:47 pm
Forum Regular

wilko_1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Friday's question...

Originally posted by Pants
Right come on how many people returning to the Uk this year have been told by other poms out here that" it won't be long before you come back again you'll see"?

I have had so many poms say this to me but it seems they also suffer hearing problems because when I tell them my reason's for returning it's like they didn't hear me.

Now I am not too worried about it as they have their reasons for being here but it did make me wonder does anyone else get this and if so how does it make you feel?

Also Mike or GDoc I reckon you guys would know any ideas of statistics for people going back to the UK and then heading back again to OZ to "re-settle"?

Or does anyone know anyone who has done this?

Please don't anyone start getting all upperty about this thread ok...or with each other ..well try not to. It's not a major whinge just a question ok...

Pants
happy to be cooler now
Heard that one all the time and the one that i must be mad if I'd rather live in England than Oz.

Have been back 5 weeks now and have no regrets whatsoever. Only regret was going to Oz in the first place.

Im working again, first interview I had I got job! That never happened in Australia! It took me over 3months to get work there and then I only got a job because a friend of a friend knew somebody!

I may have only been in Oz for 5 months, but I know it was definately not for me. England has it problems, but Oz, in my opinion, has many more. At least my friends and family are here!

Good luck to anyone returning, England is a buzzing place!