British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Frb0001’s question about location (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/frb0001%E2%80%99s-question-about-location-936858/)

Frb00011 Jan 30th 2021 7:06 pm

Frb0001’s question about location
 
We have a 7 year old and a 3 year old and looking for town recommendations that are safe, picturesque, excellent private and public schools, and within an hr and a half from London by train.

Many thanks in advance :)

christmasoompa Jan 30th 2021 8:37 pm

Re: Best London commuter towns recommendations
 

Originally Posted by Frb00011 (Post 12966114)
We have a 7 year old and a 3 year old and looking for town recommendations that are safe, picturesque, excellent private and public schools, and within an hr and a half from London by train.

Many thanks in advance :)

A huge chunk of England would come under that criteria, as far west as Bristol and north as Birmingham. Anything else to help narrow it down? Budget, type of property, other amenities, any specific direction from London or specific place you’d need to commute to etc?

I’ll amend your thread title btw, as it’s asking about credit.

Good luck with the move back.

SanDiegogirl Jan 30th 2021 8:53 pm

Re: Best London commuter towns recommendations
 
Guildford, Walton on Thames, Dorking, Wokingham, Farnham - most places within 40 miles west of London.

You only left the UK in 2008. Where did you originally live?



Russet Jan 30th 2021 9:10 pm

Re: Frb0001’s question about location
 
Great Missenden - South Bucks. Beautiful, safe area. Good train links and great Private and Grammar schools. Left in 2010 hope to be heading back soon.

Frb00011 Jan 30th 2021 11:43 pm

Re: Best London commuter towns recommendations
 

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12966141)
Guildford, Walton on Thames, Dorking, Wokingham, Farnham - most places within 40 miles west of London.

You only left the UK in 2008. Where did you originally live?

We were living in west hampstead but now we have 2 children and want to live somewhere quieter but with access to the city.

Frb00011 Jan 30th 2021 11:54 pm

Re: Best London commuter towns recommendations
 

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12966136)
A huge chunk of England would come under that criteria, as far west as Bristol and north as Birmingham. Anything else to help narrow it down? Budget, type of property, other amenities, any specific direction from London or specific place you’d need to commute to etc?

I’ll amend your thread title btw, as it’s asking about credit.

Good luck with the move back.

ah thank u yes couldn’t figure out how to change the topic title. We want a single family home and neither of us need to commute to London more than twice a week so location can be more flexible.


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:18 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.