British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Moving back or to the UK (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/)
-   -   Frank R. Reporting from South England. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/moving-back-uk-61/frank-r-reporting-south-england-433252/)

frrussre Mar 8th 2007 5:35 am

Frank R. Reporting from South England.

Best news, its still here. Temp high 50's, lots of sun. Ah! beautiful green & rolling country side, brings a tear to the eye. Drivers getting faster then ever, even though a zillion traffic cameras. So far, lots of family visits, miles of driving & way to much eating. In the hotel for a mo, then off out to another dinner.
Reg. Frank R.
Ps. 90 yr young mother, just gave me an earful, because 18 yr old son did not come with.

Jerseygirl Mar 8th 2007 5:54 am

Re: Frank R. Reporting from South England.

Originally Posted by frrussre (Post 4498483)
Best news, its still here. Temp high 50's, lots of sun. Ah! beautiful green & rolling country side, brings a tear to the eye. Drivers getting faster then ever, even though a zillion traffic cameras. So far, lots of family visits, miles of driving & way to much eating. In the hotel for a mo, then off out to another dinner.
Reg. Frank R.
Ps. 90 yr young mother, just gave me an earful, because 18 yr old son did not come with.

Hey Frank...good to hear from you. Sounds wonderful...nothing much changed then?

Give your mum a big hug and a kiss. Take care and enjoy the rest of your visit.

Patrick Hasler Mar 8th 2007 7:17 am

Kiss the ground for me Frank :D

ukmumsie Mar 8th 2007 8:39 am

Reg. Frank R.

Enjoy your visit Frank - I shall be in the good old South this summer - cannot wait!

TruBrit Mar 8th 2007 9:05 am

Reg. Frank R.

enjoy ur stay frank.

this time next week i'll be there with hubs.... can't wait :)

frrussre Mar 8th 2007 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4498558)
Hey Frank...good to hear from you. Sounds wonderful...nothing much changed then?

Give your mum a big hug and a kiss. Take care and enjoy the rest of your visit.

Thanks Jersey.
Reg. Frank R.

frrussre Mar 8th 2007 11:08 am

Thanks guys.
Whats that song, by Tom Jones "The green green grass of home", or words to that effect.
Just eat, Steak & stout pie & Spotted Dick with lashings of hot custard. Life is sweet.
Reg. Frank R.

Jerseygirl Mar 8th 2007 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by frrussre (Post 4499736)
Thanks guys.
Whats that song, by Tom Jones "The green green grass of home", or words to that effect.
Just eat, Steak & stout pie & Spotted Dick with lashings of hot custard. Life is sweet.
Reg. Frank R.

You can keep your spotted dick to yourself Frank...don't like sponge puddings. But you're correct about the green, green grass of home. :)

britvic Mar 8th 2007 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by frrussre (Post 4499736)
Thanks guys.
Reg. Frank R.

Oh do shut up telling us what you've been stuffing your face with ;)

Jerseygirl Mar 8th 2007 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 4500244)

I'll be saying that to you this time next year. ;)

dgsyd1 Mar 8th 2007 5:32 pm

Will be back in the south in just over a month from now :D , and i'm looking forward to a steady diet of cod & chips, beef chow mein & special fried rice, and chicken madras (not at the same time though). Not so much looking forward to the diet i'll need to go on when we get back.

frrussre Mar 8th 2007 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 4500218)
You can keep your spotted dick to yourself Frank...don't like sponge puddings. But you're correct about the green, green grass of home. :)

My wife says that all the time.
Reg. Frank R.

frrussre Mar 8th 2007 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 4500244)

I won't tell you about the great crusty bread, fresh vegetables, amazing fruit, real bacon and proper sausages. Not forgetting the wine without sulphates.
Reg.

frrussre Mar 8th 2007 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by dgsyd1 (Post 4500657)
Will be back in the south in just over a month from now :D , and i'm looking forward to a steady diet of cod & chips, beef chow mein & special fried rice, and chicken madras (not at the same time though). Not so much looking forward to the diet i'll need to go on when we get back.

Just to sit and dream awhile. Gives you something to keep you going until you get here.
Reg.

gruffbrown Mar 8th 2007 10:13 pm

Where abouts are you Frank? I work in Brighton, well Hove.... actually.