Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Four million ex-pats "want to return to the UK"

Four million ex-pats "want to return to the UK"

Old Mar 17th 2010, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Englishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud ofEnglishman in Eugene has much to be proud of
Default Re: Four million ex-pats "want to return to the UK"

The artice is mainly talking about pensioners who moved to a warmer country within the EU and are now findign their pensions wiorth less becasue of the weak pound and declining exchange rate.

Most Brits who move to the USA are not retiring on a Brit pension, but starting a new phase of life and looking to continue earning in the local currency.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:04 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Four million ex-pats "want to return to the UK"

4 million expats may want to return - but there probably 20 million silly feckers wanting to go to florida but who have no hope in hell of getting a visa lol!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:18 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
20 million silly feckers wanting to go to florida but who have no hope in hell of getting a visa lol!
Ow! Straight in the gonads of the next 40,000 trolls to appear...
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:20 am

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nettlebed
Ow! Straight in the gonads of the next 40,000 trolls to appear...
Do trolls have 'nads?
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Apparently...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/art...come-home.html

Is anyone here so inclined?

Check out the comments - they're precious. Apparently we made the move overseas because we're cowards, taking the "easy way out". He he.
Nope!
Just got back from The Ole Hickory Steak House, a no frills place but the best steak ever. If I move back I might be able to get an unpalatable meal from Brewers Fare for the same price, so I'll just stay put.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:42 am
Shocked of Redmond

nettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond reputenettlebed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Do trolls have 'nads?
Not after the mods (female ones, at least) get through wi' 'em...
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:40 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
Nope!
Just got back from The Ole Hickory Steak House, a no frills place but the best steak ever. If I move back I might be able to get an unpalatable meal from Brewers Fare for the same price, so I'll just stay put.
I was in Greenwood Mississippi rather unexpectedly last Saturday evening (yet another long story). We stayed at the Alluvian. I loved it and Greenwood on a sleepy spring Sunday morning. I could've spent all of spring break there!
Old Mar 18th 2010, 2:49 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof
This is my favourite:

Well, well, well...having deserted the country they're crawling back to mummy Britannia. Sickening selt-interested moaners. I say put them in holding centres until they've proved they can be of some worth to the UK or deport them. They quit once - who's to say they won't quit again?
- Barry, Twickenham, 17/3/2010 9:27
I wouldn't say no to a nice holding centre. So long as it's a two bedroom flat with two bathrooms (and a balcony with sea view) in Torquay.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

I had the daily mail on one of my UK news feeds on my iPod, along with other more quality papers. Honestly, I can't bear to read their crap any more. At least The Sun is honest about being a rag...
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman in Eugene
The artice is mainly talking about pensioners who moved to a warmer country within the EU and are now findign their pensions wiorth less becasue of the weak pound and declining exchange rate.

Most Brits who move to the USA are not retiring on a Brit pension, but starting a new phase of life and looking to continue earning in the local currency.
Additionally, for anyone whose earnings and savings are not in ££s, now is actually a good time to move back if they actually want to.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman
Daily Mail readers aren't happy unless they've got something to hate. When the DM publishes its regular features that push the opposite PoV (new life in the sun is all hunky dory for UK expats etc etc) you'll get comments slagging off people who haven't emigrated for being stupid for putting up with UK life and too lazy to make the effort to improve their lives.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Macca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond reputeMacca67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Expect The Texan Enforcer to be along shortly to slap you for slagging of her poster boy.
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyabs
<------------is available to do good deals on one ways from the US,
And you did me darlin
Old Mar 21st 2010, 10:34 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britvic
And you did me darlin
Thanks,
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

EnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud ofEnglishTeaDuck has much to be proud of

Ah, the Daily Mail, always so cheery...lol

Personally, I'd give anything to go back to England, because Ihate it here, and if I escaped, I would never set foot on American soil again as long as I live.

But thats just me...lol...and its for none of the reasons given in the article!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.