Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Flying home - any requests?

Wikiposts

Flying home - any requests?

Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:31 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying home - any requests?

Originally Posted by tonrob
Flying to the UK on Friday for a week. While I'm obviously not going to bring anything back for anyone (selfish bugger that I am), I was wondering whether anyone had any special requests as to anything I should eat on their behalf whilst there?

Promise to reply after the trip and let you know how nice it was and how much you enjoyed it.
how about a nice sausage roll and some scones with cream in the middle and jam on top...ooh how I miss the bakeries!!

ohh and some cold cider..just cos I haven't had any since I was a teenager..and a big bag of fish and chips

you are going to be a little heavier when you get back
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:34 am
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately you remembered exactly how minging they were, and the very thought of that disgusting jelly nonsense that lurks between the (and I use this term loosely) "meat" and the pastry was enough to make you hurl.

Therefore you didn't have one (in case that wasn't clear already).
oh you are already back...and I didn't even get me fish an chips!

glad to see I'm not the only one who hurls at the thought of that gross jelly stuff in a pork pie..bleugh!!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Flying to the UK on Friday for a week. While I'm obviously not going to bring anything back for anyone (selfish bugger that I am), I was wondering whether anyone had any special requests as to anything I should eat on their behalf whilst there?

Promise to reply after the trip and let you know how nice it was and how much you enjoyed it.
Go to Chans chip shop in Towcester and have the worlds best haddock and chips with mushy peas for me ..... wash it all down with a beer in The Bull.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:12 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Go to Chans chip shop in Towcester and have the worlds best haddock and chips with mushy peas for me ..... wash it all down with a beer in The Bull.
Been to Towcester a few times. These guys in Towcester were a client . I used to visit them once a year or so up until about 3 years ago;

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/prod...7938-page.html
Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:48 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

I would Pat, honestly, but I'm afraid you missed the boat and I'm back home again now. Anyway in all reality I would probably have been to busy wiping my arse on all kinds of publications due to some of the more bizarre requests I received on here. Some people....
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:17 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately you remembered exactly how minging they were, and the very thought of that disgusting jelly nonsense that lurks between the (and I use this term loosely) "meat" and the pastry was enough to make you hurl.

Therefore you didn't have one (in case that wasn't clear already).
heheheh.. that is OK Mister Sprout. DH says it's better for his waistline that you, er he didn't have one.
As he wisely points out... 'Not everyone likes the aspic'. (duuh!)

Welcome Home! The Diet Starts Monday!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:44 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna

Welcome Home! The Diet Starts Monday!
Thanks! Although jet lag always seems to make me hungry... Hmmm... time for a curry?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Been to Towcester a few times. These guys in Towcester were a client . I used to visit them once a year or so up until about 3 years ago;

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/prod...7938-page.html
Jeesus christ

I used to drink with half the working staff at Radstone .... all flaming drunkards
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:18 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Jeesus christ

I used to drink with half the working staff at Radstone .... all flaming drunkards
I used to mostly deal with a guy called Ewan, he was an engineer. Can't remember his last name, but Ewan isn't too common
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:54 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Tonrob, welcome back. One minute your planning the trip, in blink its been gone & your back.

Hope you had a great time.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:16 am
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Now you did set your sights a little high, given that this was essentially a work trip and only a week in length, but your outcomes versus your initial goals are recorded below:
Well I must admit that I am a little dissapointed that I didn't manage my fried egg sarnie however as it's Burns Night next weekend and I have my Haggis stowed away in the freezer I will try to get over it.

Are you still hungry - open invitation next Saturday at 6.30pm.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 2:04 pm
Thought is free.

indigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant futureindigoblue has a brilliant future

When you got round to thinking about the grapes you realized exactly how poncy this all sounded so you went looking for a simple cheese butty* instead.

*But actually ended up with an M&S Scottish Smoked Salmon and herbed cream cheese one instead, which doesn't sound poncy in the slightest. No way.
Yep you are absolutely right Tonrob; I was just after a decent cheese butty. Did my request sound poncy? . . oh i'm so ashamed (hangs her head in shame).

M & S Scottish smoked Salmon and herbed cream cheese sarnie - yummy.

Just made some chicken biriyani - so I'm off to stuff my face!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:46 pm
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by indigoblue
Yep you are absolutely right Tonrob; I was just after a decent cheese butty. Did my request sound poncy? . . oh i'm so ashamed (hangs her head in shame).

M & S Scottish smoked Salmon and herbed cream cheese sarnie - yummy.

Just made some chicken biriyani - so I'm off to stuff my face!
Hmmm.... I fear I must turn my back on curry for a while. Six in six days was no way to kick off the New Year diet!
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
I used to mostly deal with a guy called Ewan, he was an engineer. Can't remember his last name, but Ewan isn't too common
There was a Ewan whoworkedthere that Iknew, he drank in the Bull, he played Rugby for Towcester at weekends.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 2:04 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you pick up a jar of Asda's own brand Rogan Josh base curry sauce?

And as I've been deprived of it, I'm craving it, so please just drink it neat, right out of the jar.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.