Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Flying from Canada back to the UK with a giant dog breed

Flying from Canada back to the UK with a giant dog breed

Old Jan 1st 2019, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

mush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flying from Canada back to the UK with a giant dog breed

Hi all,

I have looked through a lot of the posts about flying with dogs etc, but most of them are small, medium, large breeds - has anyone ever flown from Canada to the UK with a giant breed? Mine is a bullmastiff x

I have done a lot of research already, and I understand that she will have to fly through cargo, the queen mary 2 would have been perfect, but they do not accept giant breeds.
Has anyone ever had to have a custom made crate, if so, how did you do this? Links would be greatly appreciated
I have looked into a couple of different companies that do all of the work for you, but if anyone has any companies within Canada that they can recommend or have used then it would be greatly appreciated - I understand some of them are reluctant because of the size and breed

It’s proving to be tough, but no matter what, I can’t leave her behind, it would break my heart 😢
They ship horses and large animals all over the world every day so there must be a way

thanks in advance
Old Jan 1st 2019, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Flying from Canada back to the UK with a giant dog breed

Originally Posted by mush77
Hi all,

I have looked through a lot of the posts about flying with dogs etc, but most of them are small, medium, large breeds - has anyone ever flown from Canada to the UK with a giant breed? Mine is a bullmastiff x

I have done a lot of research already, and I understand that she will have to fly through cargo, the queen mary 2 would have been perfect, but they do not accept giant breeds.
Has anyone ever had to have a custom made crate, if so, how did you do this? Links would be greatly appreciated
I have looked into a couple of different companies that do all of the work for you, but if anyone has any companies within Canada that they can recommend or have used then it would be greatly appreciated - I understand some of them are reluctant because of the size and breed

It’s proving to be tough, but no matter what, I can’t leave her behind, it would break my heart 😢
They ship horses and large animals all over the world every day so there must be a way

thanks in advance
My cocker is not your mastiff he arrived home to England safe and sound from Florida. We used a company called petrelocation they have different levels of service and also told me where to get my kennel.Google them as they may do Canada and if they don’t they maybe able to recommend another company within Canada.
Old Jan 1st 2019, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

My cocker is not your mastiff he arrived home to England safe and sound from Florida. We used a company called petrelocation they have different levels of service and also told me where to get my kennel.Google them as they may do Canada and if they don’t they maybe able to recommend another company within Canada.
link
https://www.petrelocation.com/
Old Jan 1st 2019, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mush77
Hi all,

thanks in advance
Another company is petmovers.com I did not use them but again if they can not help you they may know someone who can.
Old Jan 1st 2019, 11:38 pm
Forum Regular

mush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sammy2018

I will look them up, thank you so much ☺️
Old Jan 2nd 2019, 1:06 am
Forum Regular

brokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond reputebrokenhearted. has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped my small dog from Alaska to UK. I ended up doing it myself as being in a bush community didn't lend itself to easy access to service normally available in large cities. You made an interesting observation in your post - large animals are transported all the time it got me wondering how those people who breed and sell internationally manage it or those who show dogs internationally do it? At least they might have some info on how to get crates for larger breeds? Good luck with it - i know how stressful it is, especially as these are our fur family.
Old Jan 2nd 2019, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brokenhearted.
I shipped my small dog from Alaska to UK. I ended up doing it myself as being in a bush community didn't lend itself to easy access to service normally available in large cities. You made an interesting observation in your post - large animals are transported all the time it got me wondering how those people who breed and sell internationally manage it or those who show dogs internationally do it? At least they might have some info on how to get crates for larger breeds? Good luck with it - i know how stressful it is, especially as these are our fur family.
Thats a very good point, I could look into people that sell or show internationally and ask them if they have any information or tips...thank you