Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Florida to UK - an update two months on...

Florida to UK - an update two months on...

Old Feb 11th 2011, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

ExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond reputeExBritFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default Florida to UK - an update two months on...

Well, after missing the UK dreadfully and not really being able to settle in FL, I made the move back to the UK with my American Hubby...sold house, cars etc. and shipped our belongings across the Atlantic.

Two months on - ended up in Lincoln unexpectedly to resolve a business dispute and was also rushed in for emergency abdominal surgery two weeks ago! (BTW, all the staff at the hospital - NHS, were fantastic). Now been told I need to spend at least six weeks recovering - no driving, lifting, etc...

At first, I was loving being back - just before Xmas, with the snow, cozy fires etc...but now I'm wondering "what an earth have I done?" I'm missing my friends dreadfully as is my husband who also misses his family back in FL. I can't really say there's anything wrong with the UK - but I suppose I got used to a way of life which is totally different to over here...bigger living space, better weather, beaches not far away...I don't know how long it'll take me to sort out the business issues here in Lincoln, but I'm now panging to go back to the US - my husband would go back tomorrow...I'm even considering returning after Summer.

Anyway, I think I needed to vent on this forum, as I'm sure there must be others who felt the same way? If so, did you make the move back and become a "Ping Ponger?"
Old Feb 11th 2011, 2:20 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Florida to UK - an update two months on...

So sorry to hear about your surgery. I hope you feel better soon. I remember your story, when you were trying to sell the house in Sarasota. I did wonder what it would be like to leave that beautiful home in Sarasota and go back to the UK, especially with having an American hubby! LOL. Just think about getting well and then decide. Property has fallen so much in Florida, you shouldn't do too bad if you come back. You've got plenty of recuperation time to dwell on it! Perhaps the upcoming spring weather in the UK will make things look different. Good luck, and keep us posted.