Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

From Florida back to Birmingham after 14 years

From Florida back to Birmingham after 14 years

Old Apr 28th 2015, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

fathermike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default From Florida back to Birmingham after 14 years

We are heading back to the West Midlands. We left Walsall in 2001 and after 14 wonderful years enjoying Clearwater in Florida I have just accepted a job in the City Centre of Birmingham. I'm very much hoping for a summer move as we were already planning on a trip to England for a wedding, now we could make that the trip home.

I applied earlier this month for MN1 British Citizenship for my US citizen adopted daughters. My wife is a UK citizen so no problem for her with moving back.

I was offered the choice of a provided house or a housing allowance, and at the moment am leaning towards using the housing allowance to purchase a home in the Quinton/Harborne area. My girls are both blind and there is a great junior school in that area for visually impaired children.

My wife also had an interview at Birmingham City University the day after my interview, sh has yet to hear anything from them, so she will continue looking at options in Higher Ed teaching around the West Midlands.

Exciting times for us and a million things to get lined up!

Fr. Mike
Old Apr 28th 2015, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Florida back to Birmingham after 14 years

All sounds well FatherMike.. Wish you all the best for your journey home.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 4:05 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: From Florida back to Birmingham after 14 years

Originally Posted by fathermike
We are heading back to the West Midlands. We left Walsall in 2001 and after 14 wonderful years enjoying Clearwater in Florida I have just accepted a job in the City Centre of Birmingham. I'm very much hoping for a summer move as we were already planning on a trip to England for a wedding, now we could make that the trip home.

I applied earlier this month for MN1 British Citizenship for my US citizen adopted daughters. My wife is a UK citizen so no problem for her with moving back.

I was offered the choice of a provided house or a housing allowance, and at the moment am leaning towards using the housing allowance to purchase a home in the Quinton/Harborne area. My girls are both blind and there is a great junior school in that area for visually impaired children.

My wife also had an interview at Birmingham City University the day after my interview, sh has yet to hear anything from them, so she will continue looking at options in Higher Ed teaching around the West Midlands.

Exciting times for us and a million things to get lined up!

Fr. Mike
Congratulations!

One of the regular posters here, Sally Redux relocated to Birmingham a year or so ago from California. I think she may even be in the Harborne area. I also believe that her spouse works in higher education. She will be along soon to give you some tips and advice, I'm sure.

Btw....are you a Father in the religious sense or in the dad sense and if so, I understand that the Church of Scientology has an HQ in Clearwater....are you linked with them....
Old Apr 28th 2015, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Hello, yes I'm in Harborne so ask away! I have seen loads of blind people in the area.
Old Apr 28th 2015, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Englishmum
Congratulations!

One of the regular posters here, Sally Redux relocated to Birmingham a year or so ago from California. I think she may even be in the Harborne area. I also believe that her spouse works in higher education. She will be along soon to give you some tips and advice, I'm sure.

Btw....are you a Father in the religious sense or in the dad sense and if so, I understand that the Church of Scientology has an HQ in Clearwater....are you linked with them....
Yes I am both a Father in the parent sense and also by being a priest. Though I am most definitely not a Scientologist! I was a vicar in Brownhills near Walsall for 6 years before coming to the Episcopal Church in Clearwater. The Episcopal Church was the Church of England in the colonies until the unpleasantness of 1776. I am going back to be vicar at St. Martin's in the Bullring, right in the City Centre.

Mike
Old Apr 28th 2015, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Hello, yes I'm in Harborne so ask away! I have seen loads of blind people in the area.
Thanks Sally I am sure I'll have some questions as all this works itself out in the coming months.

Mike
Old Apr 28th 2015, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fathermike
Thanks Sally I am sure I'll have some questions as all this works itself out in the coming months.

Mike
Anytime
Old Apr 29th 2015, 1:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Exciting times indeed.

Hope all goes according to whatever plan you have in mind & that there is the most wonderful of gentle English summers ahead.