Wikiposts

Flights booked...

Old Mar 4th 2011, 10:59 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights booked...

...sadly, only for a holiday!

I am so excited though to go back in August and see everyone and feel at home, even if it is only for 3 weeks.

I have been so depressed and home sick for the last 2 and a half years after first going back to England for a visit.

I am hoping this trip will persuade my husband to go back when my daughter finishes school in 2 and half years
Old Mar 5th 2011, 6:49 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Flights booked...

Originally Posted by Lorry1

I am so excited though to go back in August and see everyone and feel at home, even if it is only for 3 weeks.

I have been so depressed and home sick for the last 2 and a half years after first going back to England for a visit.

I am hoping this trip will persuade my husband to go back when my daughter finishes school in 2 and half years

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too! I love England in the Summertime

I'm flying off to London this coming Friday (11th) and will meet my newborn grand-daughter for the first time Can't wait!

I'm away for three weeks too and my spouse will be flying in to London about 10 days later from Singapore (he's going to Whistler, Canada on the 11th for a long-standing ski trip, booked before we knew our daughter was pregnant. My son and a dear Aussie expat friend will be on the ski trip too, flying out from New Jersey).

My spouse is being transferred from Singapore to Zug, near Zurich, Switzerland in June, so during my trip to England we will fly to Switzerland and look around at rental apartments.

It will be great to have a base in Europe again after living in SE Asia and the US for the past 16 years (although I'll still be spending half my time in the US until I can apply for citizenship next year). Hopefully I can move back to the UK for good in 2 or 3 years time...
Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:30 am
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights booked...

Originally Posted by Englishmum

I'm flying off to London this coming Friday (11th) and will meet my newborn grand-daughter for the first time Can't wait!

I'm away for three weeks too and my spouse will be flying in to London about 10 days later from Singapore (he's going to Whistler, Canada on the 11th for a long-standing ski trip, booked before we knew our daughter was pregnant. My son and a dear Aussie expat friend will be on the ski trip too, flying out from New Jersey).

My spouse is being transferred from Singapore to Zug, near Zurich, Switzerland in June, so during my trip to England we will fly to Switzerland and look around at rental apartments.

It will be great to have a base in Europe again after living in SE Asia and the US for the past 16 years (although I'll still be spending half my time in the US until I can apply for citizenship next year). Hopefully I can move back to the UK for good in 2 or 3 years time...
Aww that's great Englishmum
A base in Europe sounds totally great and it must be nice to have that option.

I bet you can't wait to meet your new grand-daughter!

I have a new great niece who I haven't met yet. She will be 1 by the time I see her. I can't believe I missed her first year already

I guess that is the downside you don't think about before you immigrate

Oh well, have a great time in England when you're there
Old Mar 5th 2011, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorry1

I'm rooting for you Lorry1. How can you not be excited about a trip back to jolly old England! I know what it feels like when you actually book your flights. Enjoy... and here's some UK fairy dust sprinkling over hubbie's head.
Old Mar 5th 2011, 11:13 pm
The Brit is back

Originally Posted by bandrui
I'm rooting for you Lorry1. How can you not be excited about a trip back to jolly old England! I know what it feels like when you actually book your flights. Enjoy... and here's some UK fairy dust sprinkling over hubbie's head.
Thanks bandrui
I am just sooooooooo excited!
Old Mar 6th 2011, 6:28 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum

My brother lives in Zug - lovely place - I really enjoy visting there. I hope your husband's compnay are paying your rent....... Make sure you have croissants from the bakery in the train station - delicious! And there is an excellent restaurant on the square overlooking the lake that does the most beautiful veal dish with rosti! Yum! Enjoy you time there!