Flights are booked!

Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:35 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights are booked!

Bugger.... I can't make Friday during the day.

Jo, I wish you all the very best back home in Blighty. I hope everything goes smoothly for you back there.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
Hi Jo

I am not sure if I can make Friday as Andrew will be arriving back from the UK,and I will find out my fate.

x

Oh my God!!! Haven't you pinned him down over the phone yet? It would be like the Spanish inquisition in our house!!!!!

Do let us know
Old Apr 24th 2007, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Surrey to Perth and back to Surrey & Back again, Why why why
sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Oh my God!!! Haven't you pinned him down over the phone yet? It would be like the Spanish inquisition in our house!!!!!

Do let us know

I keep asking what has happened, I get bits, he met with his old company last Thursday and again yesterday, they have agreed they want him to open the office, but they have to agree a package, which needs to be done by all directors.

He also spoke to the guy renting our house, and said that we are thinking of coming back, and if so would be selling, unfortunately he said although he would like to buy it, it is out of his price range, but two houses the same as mine have sold in the last 3 weeks both went within three days, full asking price so we will have no worries regarding selling.

He has also had a look at a few properties in Suffolk, Isleham, Fordham etc and said it is really nice and I will love it.

So all looks promising and I have my fingers crossed, I am trying not to get to excited as I have been there before, so until he gets back and tells me to my face I will not believe it. But really it all comes down to if they agree to offer him what he has asked for.

I hope so.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:18 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it all works out for you Sandra. Suffolk is becoming very popular with people who can't afford London, Herts, & Essex or want something more for their money. There isn't a great deal of work there, that's the only set back. I wouldn't mind living in parts of Suffolk when we finally get home, as long as there is work for OH. Good luck.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

sandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to beholdsandrainaus is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
I hope it all works out for you Sandra. Suffolk is becoming very popular with people who can't afford London, Herts, & Essex or want something more for their money. There isn't a great deal of work there, that's the only set back. I wouldn't mind living in parts of Suffolk when we finally get home, as long as there is work for OH. Good luck.

Thanks

So I understand they are revamping Cambridge city centre and trying to make it more appealing to large business, hence OH company wanting to get in there.

OH is a M.Eng, the company he worked for before we came here want him to open/run an office in Cambridge/Ely so for us it is great. They had said to him that he could just go back to his old office in Epsom, we could just move back to our old house in Tadworth ,or sell it and buy something else, but we have agreed that if we go back it has to be a new start in a new location, he said he does not want to do a full circle, he was fed up of travelling to meetings most days in London, which in Suffolk he would no longer need to do.

Some of the areas we have been looking at are very tranquil and pretty.

I think I have my fairytale head on again, lot's of dreaming of what I think it will be like. Bit like before I came here, so hope I won't be disappointed, but as I really don't want to be here and I am so unhappy, nothing can be worse.

Sx

Last edited by sandrainaus; Apr 24th 2007 at 10:44 am.
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clougherty family
How about this Friday? Don't know where...
Jo,

Have you arranged anything yet?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 8:39 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sandrainaus
I keep asking what has happened, I get bits, he met with his old company last Thursday and again yesterday, they have agreed they want him to open the office, but they have to agree a package, which needs to be done by all directors.

He also spoke to the guy renting our house, and said that we are thinking of coming back, and if so would be selling, unfortunately he said although he would like to buy it, it is out of his price range, but two houses the same as mine have sold in the last 3 weeks both went within three days, full asking price so we will have no worries regarding selling.

He has also had a look at a few properties in Suffolk, Isleham, Fordham etc and said it is really nice and I will love it.

So all looks promising and I have my fingers crossed, I am trying not to get to excited as I have been there before, so until he gets back and tells me to my face I will not believe it. But really it all comes down to if they agree to offer him what he has asked for.

I hope so.

Fingers crossed for you mate