Fleaflyfloflum

Old Sep 29th 2008, 2:13 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fleaflyfloflum

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Really glad your husband is on the mend. It must be a great weight off your mind that it isn't anything more serious. Now, take some time to try to catch up on the much needed sleep. You're going to need some energy to take care of him when he gets home.

As for PP, the "numbnuts" was a problem with her changing her email address and she hadn't returned the confirmation email. She was never banned or unable to post because of any other reason. What's not fair is the flack the mods get over something they have no control over.
I wondered what I had done, I tried to pay my subs and it wouldnt let me. I could get on the site but had no access to private messages/karma and I couldnt post.

I hadnt been naughty or anything. I shall pay my subs later today if it will let me.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 4:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
PP... I know you cannot post at the moment and i hope the numbnuts sort things out, but i really do appreciate your offers of help etc. You are very kind.
Some please let PP post again it is not fair!!
Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I wondered what I had done, I tried to pay my subs and it wouldnt let me. I could get on the site but had no access to private messages/karma and I couldnt post.

I hadnt been naughty or anything. I shall pay my subs later today if it will let me.
A couple of us tried very hard to sort it out as soon as we knew there was a problem. Its not our fault that we have no control over the financial side of the site and so could not fix your membership. that is a problem which was already flagged with IB. Finding out there was a problem because we had to waste time answering/deleting several threads on the subject slowed us up too. One pm to the Mods listed as online would have done the trick a lot quicker
There was also the fact, as Dorothy said, that the reason you couldn't post at all was because you had changed your email address and not responded to the confirmation email.

We don't expect flowers and chocolates for doing the job, but nor do we expect to take the flack when we are trying our best.
PP, you have my email address and Sue's, and if you have a problem again when you try to pay please email us both and we will talk to IB again.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 5:40 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A couple of us tried very hard to sort it out as soon as we knew there was a problem. Its not our fault that we have no control over the financial side of the site and so could not fix your membership. that is a problem which was already flagged with IB. Finding out there was a problem because we had to waste time answering/deleting several threads on the subject slowed us up too. One pm to the Mods listed as online would have done the trick a lot quicker
There was also the fact, as Dorothy said, that the reason you couldn't post at all was because you had changed your email address and not responded to the confirmation email.

We don't expect flowers and chocolates for doing the job, but nor do we expect to take the flack when we are trying our best.
PP, you have my email address and Sue's, and if you have a problem again when you try to pay please email us both and we will talk to IB again.
Hey hang on a mo!!! I was never once referring to the mods in here as numbnuts! I was referring to the owners and tech geeks. Just want to clear that up please.

Thanks again to everyone else for their support.

Hubby had a bad turn overnight. They have upped his IV anitbiotics and are trying to get his temperature down. It keeps rising and falling all the time. Apparently they will not remove the gallbladder whilst it is infected so he has to get it cleared up first and then be operated on in a few weeks time.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

fingers crossed that everything is ok and that he gets better soon
Old Sep 29th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Hey hang on a mo!!! I was never once referring to the mods in here as numbnuts! I was referring to the owners and tech geeks. Just want to clear that up please.

Hubby had a bad turn overnight. They have upped his IV anitbiotics and are trying to get his temperature down. It keeps rising and falling all the time. Apparently they will not remove the gallbladder whilst it is infected so he has to get it cleared up first and then be operated on in a few weeks time.
Oh Flea, you've really had a shit of a time of it over the past few months haven't you?!

At least you are able to be with hubby when he needs you

I hope you both are on the road to recovery soon and things start looking up. Otherwise I'm going to be convinved you've been hexed or something!!
Old Sep 29th 2008, 10:00 am
BE Enthusiast

islandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to beholdislandergirl is a splendid one to behold

Hi flea

So glad to hear they have figured out what is wrong with your hubs.

Take care of yourself though, get some fresh fruit and veg into you to boost your poor clapped out immune system and take some time away from the hospital every day to get some sunshine even just a little walk.

Are you staying in Aus for a few weeks til he is sorted?
Old Sep 29th 2008, 11:34 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by islandergirl
Hi flea

So glad to hear they have figured out what is wrong with your hubs.

Take care of yourself though, get some fresh fruit and veg into you to boost your poor clapped out immune system and take some time away from the hospital every day to get some sunshine even just a little walk.

Are you staying in Aus for a few weeks til he is sorted?
Thanx Faye and Deborah

Yes, I will have to hang around here for a while now. They say he wont have the op for about 6 weeks. To be honest I dont want to go back without him again. I miss him too much and as we have both been ill i wouldnt risk it.
We have decided he will apply under a different visa category. Instead of ILR he is going under his own steam on the new version of HSMP for highly skilled migrants.
Old Sep 29th 2008, 1:36 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that

I really take my hat off to you for the way you are coping with everything life is throwing at you. Wish I had half your strength.

Sending lots of good vibes to your hubby.
Old Sep 30th 2008, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Fleaflyfloflum

Well Flea it does sound as though you really have been up against the battle of britain the past few months i hope you and your hubby are both soon fighting fit.
All the best
Love
Cally x
Old Sep 30th 2008, 5:42 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Thanks for that

I really take my hat off to you for the way you are coping with everything life is throwing at you. Wish I had half your strength.

Sending lots of good vibes to your hubby.
Thanks Polly and Cally

To be honest i am not feeling very strong at the moment. I think it is all catching up with me. I keep bursting into tears when i get a moment on my own. I just dont know how to cope with it all anymore. OH is acting very strange and out of character. I know it is probably because he is so sick, but he is normally a very mild mannered, laid back easy going guy. Right now he is short tempered, rude and grumpy. I have never seen himn like this before. He broke down last night and said he is scared he is going to die.
The problem is, after several days on IV antibiotics, he is not improving and now the docs are saying they suspect something else is going on as it is abnormal not to improve after several days.
I keep trying to be positive with him, but it is getting harder and harder.

Sorry for pouring it out in here, but my close friend is in Melbourne until Friday and i am stuck here on my own with no one to talk to.
I was talking to my daughter on the phone yesterday, but i feel as if i am dumping on her if i keep talking about it.

Anyway... i guess i dont have much choice other than plod on.

If there are any nurses or medics out there... is it normal for someone with high infection and on large medications to act abnormallly out of character? I am guessing it is the case but need clarification to make me feel better
Old Sep 30th 2008, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Yoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond reputeYoong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Polly and Cally

To be honest i am not feeling very strong at the moment. I think it is all catching up with me. I keep bursting into tears when i get a moment on my own. I just dont know how to cope with it all anymore. OH is acting very strange and out of character. I know it is probably because he is so sick, but he is normally a very mild mannered, laid back easy going guy. Right now he is short tempered, rude and grumpy. I have never seen himn like this before. He broke down last night and said he is scared he is going to die.
The problem is, after several days on IV antibiotics, he is not improving and now the docs are saying they suspect something else is going on as it is abnormal not to improve after several days.

Sorry for pouring it out in here, but my close friend is in Melbourne until Friday and i am stuck here on my own with no one to talk to.
I was talking to my daughter on the phone yesterday, but i feel as if i am dumping on her if i keep talking about it.

If there are any nurses or medics out there... is it normal for someone with high infection and on large medications to act abnormallly out of character? I am guessing it is the case but need clarification to make me feel better
Hi Flea,
It is not about you that your husband is acting out of character
towards you.Looks like he is going through acute organic brain syndrome,
he will get better when his infection clears up and temperature returns
to normal.Quite common with people who are on large doses of medications,physically unwell and battling an infection.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/acu...brain+syndrome

Hope you will get some rest and take care of youself.
Prayers for you and your husband.
Yoong
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:39 am
Home and Happy

Thanks Polly and Cally

Lots of hugs Flea, you poor thing, lots of good wishes and prayers coming to both of you
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:05 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Flea,

Good luck mate and by the looks of things you are going to get a Hon Aussie Citizenship the amt of time you spend there!! You're behaving like a boomerang too!!

For phoning home get your daughter to register you with Skype and you can thus get calls to UK free or at very low rates which may save you a bit. Don't register it in Aus or calls to UK lines will be international.

Anyway best wishes, get well soon and get the tribe over UK soonest.

Bijilo123
Old Sep 30th 2008, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

Hi There, just wanted to add my good wishes to you both. You have had a really bad time what with one thing and another and I can only say that you will get your rewards for enduring such calamities.... wishing you loads of Good Luck and hope that corner turns very soon....
Old Sep 30th 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Impey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Polly and Cally

Flea,

So sorry to hear about your hubbie. When a friend of mine was very dangerously ill and had been sedated for several days, when they bought him round, for a few days he was very aggressive even swearing to his own son and telling him to .... off etc.

We knew that it was only all the medication that he had been under and was still taking that was causing him to behave in this way, and after a few days he was back to his usual self.

By the way I am not a nurse. Hope this helps you. Stick with it girl and I hope he is back to his normal cheery self soon.

Keep us posted about him. We are all thinking of you both.