Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

First Interview-spousal visa Can-UK..Question??

Wikiposts

First Interview-spousal visa Can-UK..Question??

Old Jun 8th 2009, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of
Default First Interview-spousal visa Can-UK..Question??

Ok, so we done the form via online for spousal visa/settlement..hubby/Cnd, me/british...so now we have the interview on Thursday morn.

Question: Either i'm abit thick or haven't seen the proper page on worldbridge(sp) site..What documents do we NEED for first interview??

All i've seen on web pg;
-print out appl- done
-proof of online payment-done
-passport-done
-Photo 45mmx35mm-will do today
-supporting doc???? what else does HE need?(i'll include birth, divorce, marriage, my passport/birth, kids passports/birth...banking info/etc etc/proving we can support ourselves...House under offer, so we'll bring that too. what else?

*does he need a dr's note to say he's in good health?
*whens the medical done? b4 or after..does he need a TB b4 thrus...I'm at my wits end trying to find all the info on the site..as the VISA aint cheap, and don't want to look like a FOOL whilst there.

Can someone help me? and calm my nerves abit...all this whilst house is under offer...I can't wait til its ALL over!!!! and i can breathe again.

any help is appreciated...if someone has gone thru this process i'd love to hear how long spousal VISA takes?

Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2009, 5:40 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First Interview-spousal visa Can-UK..Question??

Have you actually read through the visa form and guidance notes? If not then you really should start there. A pdf file of the form VAF4a and notes can be found here.

I don't see anything on the Worldbridge site about medicals at all for those applying from Canada.

The FAQ on the Worldbridge site is not extensive but does seem to cover all the important points.
Old Jun 8th 2009, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Southern Ontario(house is SOLD on our way back to UK/aug 09)
dewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud ofdewdrop has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
Have you actually read through the visa form and guidance notes? If not then you really should start there. A pdf file of the form VAF4a and notes can be found here.

I don't see anything on the Worldbridge site about medicals at all for those applying from Canada.

The FAQ on the Worldbridge site is not extensive but does seem to cover all the important points.

the links aren't working for me.. i'll copy and paste and see if that works..

thanks!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 2:43 am
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hijack the thread, but it seems similar to my own situation and wondered:

I am a male 52 yrs old UK citizen, non resident, working o/seas since 2001 in 3 different countries (Saudi, Egypt and now UAE). I married an Indian in 2002, in UK whilst at home over Christmas. (we met overseas and went to UK to marry). We have lived as man and wife since then in the countries mentioned above.

She has an Indian passport.

We intend moving back permanently to UK in July 2011 from UAE.

What status will she have, and what visa will she need, and how will we get that (before or after we return?)

thanks.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 5:49 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by doooooh
Sorry to hijack the thread, but it seems similar to my own situation and wondered:

I am a male 52 yrs old UK citizen, non resident, working o/seas since 2001 in 3 different countries (Saudi, Egypt and now UAE). I married an Indian in 2002, in UK whilst at home over Christmas. (we met overseas and went to UK to marry). We have lived as man and wife since then in the countries mentioned above.

What status will she have, and what visa will she need, and how will we get that (before or after we return?)

thanks.
She will have to apply for a spousal visa before you intend to settle permanently in the UK.

You can check out the links I provided previously to familiarise yourself with the immigration system as it currently stands but you will want to look at it more thoroughly a bit closer to the time, (think the beginning of 2011) due to changes that will have occurred by then.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:05 am
Just Joined

PhilandAmanda is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by doooooh

thanks.
My reading and some direct experience is that immigration is not as easy anywhere as you may be lead to believe. Going back to UK you should probably travel separately. Your wife should not mention anything about marriage and only when both of you are where you want to be should you approach immigration authorities. It is quite easy to get separated for years by doing it from outside. I know one couple who had to travel separately for years between USA and Canada. She was Canadian and he was American and neither was interested in living in the other place. They lived in both places but if a border officer decides he doesn't like the arrangeent either one could have been banned from either country. Another couple India/Canada were married in Canada and were living here quite legally when the husband returned to India for a funeral. It took him three years to get back into Canada. Once you apply for immigration you must stay until it is finished or that same border guard may never let you back in. I understand UK is very similar to Canada and USA