First anniversary!

Old Sep 7th 2012, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of
Default Re: First anniversary!

Great update Quoll, even if the circumstances that led to you returning were not exactly ideal, your hubby sounds lovely although I guess it was his turn to compromise a little. After all those years you spent putting up with being in the wrong place you deserve this.
It was our first anniversary recently and although things haven't gone quite as we planned (or even remotely as we planned) here's hoping the next year will be better.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Quoll.... So nice to hear how you are doing. I understand what you say about your Mum, mine was the same when I went to stay with her she felt she was being taken over. I think part of it is because they have been so independent and not use to having people around it is hard on them. I think your Mum will eventually realize that you are staying with her for her own good but living with older parents is hard, just ask my daughter. I am not sure which one of us she wants to kill first her Dad or me.
Old Sep 8th 2012, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Great update Quoll.
Despite the obvious challenges, it's sounds as though you have had a fulfilling year in the UK!
Old Sep 12th 2012, 5:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

geeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond reputegeeandtee has a reputation beyond repute

That post made me very happy.
I'm sorry about the circumstances that have kept you hear but I remember how desperately homesick you were. Your DH is a keeper.

It's brilliant to be Home, isn't it?
Old Sep 13th 2012, 1:44 am
Just Joined

nannab is an unknown quantity at this point

quoll you give me hope ,thankyou and bless you .Just had bad news re my daughter and we are coming back sooner than we planned ,like you we need to be where we belong .
Old Sep 14th 2012, 6:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nannab
quoll you give me hope ,thankyou and bless you .Just had bad news re my daughter and we are coming back sooner than we planned ,like you we need to be where we belong .
Oh dear, I am so sorry to hear that you have had bad news - things like that really do give you a jolt! I hope your move is smooth - and that you won't find yourself missing the Bay (I don't miss Canberra in the slightest!). Good luck!
Old Sep 14th 2012, 7:07 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely post quoll. Sounds to me like it will be hard for DH to think about asking you to move back now he sees how happy you are. (And how happy he's feeling as a result).

As for the weight - wow! Amazing achievement. I was comfort eating in the US, but now we're back and I'm happy, I have a different problem - there is so much delicious, tempting food here that I'm still struggling to stay on a diet. I really admire you for resisting the cakes and chocolate and pasties
Old Sep 16th 2012, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear Quoll

Glad to hear your hubby is settling in better than expected, sorry to hear about the tension at home, that can't be easy. As for what will happen long term, I learned a while ago not to sweat that, we've been in the UK 2.5yrs so far but I look at it this way, every day we are here is a day longer than we would have been had we never done it.
Old Sep 18th 2012, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Good to read this Quoll, I have not been able to keep up much with what everyone is doing and I was wondering how come you were still in the UK, I thought i had missed your move.. Well done on the weight loss, I have gained since I have been back in the UK!!!!!!!!!! I can not resist the Galaxy chocolate and all the cakes..