Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

First altercation with a neighbor over noise

First altercation with a neighbor over noise

Old Nov 14th 2010, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

rivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nicerivit is just really nice
Default Re: First altercation with a neighbor over noise

You'll all feel foolish if the dude justs turns out to be deaf
Old Nov 14th 2010, 8:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
It's nice to see that not much has changed here, while I've been away.
You've been away? Nobody's noticed.

Welcome back Chartie.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Sorry...but you're the one making a fool of yourself.
If you call yourself a moderator, act like one. Have I ever called anybody names here? You're really full of yourself, aren't you?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:12 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
If you call yourself a moderator, act like one. Have I ever called anybody names here? You're really full of yourself, aren't you?
Hey now.

Reads to me like you've got a beef from elsewhere.. maybe a good day for a BE day off?

If you've got anything specific you need to discuss, you can do it in private message.
I'm a Super Moderator, so this is Super advice.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:16 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Where have you been!! BE is falling apart without you People falling out with their neighbours and everything!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hey now.

Reads to me like you've got a beef from elsewhere.. maybe a good day for a BE day off?

If you've got anything specific you need to discuss, you can do it in private message.
I'm a Super Moderator, so this is Super advice.
Ohhh you're a Super M. So what? Are you going to ban me or what? Don't have any beef from anywhere. I don't do private messages. Nothing to discuss. If you have anything to say, say it here.

Last edited by cityhog; Nov 14th 2010 at 9:22 pm.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright mate!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Grow up. Calling names like that to anybody on this forum make you look real stupid.
Have I ever called anybody names here?
No, of course you haven't.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
I think it's weird to keep cats inside, unless, as you say, they prefer it that way.
If the OP will permit a slight move away from the topic, maybe you can give us some advice. Our dog has grown up with kitties (we have two) but they are inside cats ... I guess it's what you're used to, to me cats outside = cats hit by cars, etc.

But anyway - lately there has been an orange cat hanging out in our backyard. The other day I let the dog out to do his business, he saw the cat and took off after it, definitely trying to catch it. I've seen him do a chase after a rabbit and that did NOT end well for the rabbit. Apparently his cats are okay, but outdoor cats are not ... I was surprised to see that he differentiated.

I could care less that this cat likes to roam the neighborhood and hang out in our backyard, but what I witnessed a couple of days ago made me fear for its safety. My dog is simply hanging out in his own fenced yard but I don't want to see him take out someone's pet. I've tried to solve this by walking around our backyard looking for the cat before I let the dog out, or shooing the dog inside if I initially missed it but then spotted the cat. My husband assures me that a cornered cat is a formidable opponent and the cat will be fine, but it scares the heck out of me. I also don't know whose cat it is, so I can't talk to them.

Thoughts?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
No, of course you haven't.
Did I call her a stupid? No. There's a difference between saying, "look stupid" and calling someone a stupid-a name. Don't you see? Tired of it. Get off my back, will ya?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:45 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
If the OP will permit a slight move away from the topic, maybe you can give us some advice. Our dog has grown up with kitties (we have two) but they are inside cats ... I guess it's what you're used to, to me cats outside = cats hit by cars, etc.

But anyway - lately there has been an orange cat hanging out in our backyard. The other day I let the dog out to do his business, he saw the cat and took off after it, definitely trying to catch it. I've seen him do a chase after a rabbit and that did NOT end well for the rabbit. Apparently his cats are okay, but outdoor cats are not ... I was surprised to see that he differentiated.

I could care less that this cat likes to roam the neighborhood and hang out in our backyard, but what I witnessed a couple of days ago made me fear for its safety. My dog is simply hanging out in his own fenced yard but I don't want to see him take out someone's pet. I've tried to solve this by walking around our backyard looking for the cat before I let the dog out, or shooing the dog inside if I initially missed it but then spotted the cat. My husband assures me that a cornered cat is a formidable opponent and the cat will be fine, but it scares the heck out of me. I also don't know whose cat it is, so I can't talk to them.

Thoughts?
I have to say I agree with your hubby - our dog will chase next doors cat, but I know if it came down to it Daisy Dog would end up worse off... cats scratch and make a hell of a racket if attacked/fighting etc.... my advise is not to worry too much - the dog will chase, the cat will run and probably will never end up cornered!!!
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Did I call her a stupid? No. There's a difference between saying, "look stupid" and calling someone a stupid-a name. Don't you see? Tired of it. Get off my back, will ya?
Why is Forest Gump in my mind....
Old Nov 14th 2010, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burn1911
I have to say I agree with your hubby - our dog will chase next doors cat, but I know if it came down to it Daisy Dog would end up worse off... cats scratch and make a hell of a racket if attacked/fighting etc.... my advise is not to worry too much - the dog will chase, the cat will run and probably will never end up cornered!!!
You may be right, but he killed the rabbit with one grab of his jaws. I just don't want him to hurt the cat who I really, really hope still has all of its claws.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Why is Forest Gump in my mind....
You are exactly like your avatar, a clown.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rivit
You'll all feel foolish if the dude justs turns out to be deaf
Hey dude, find better things to do than pom pom dances on Sunday night. I know real deaf BEs here. Be considerate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.