Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

First altercation with a neighbor over noise

First altercation with a neighbor over noise

Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:44 pm
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: First altercation with a neighbor over noise

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Sure, I'll get right on that, if you say it, it has to be so, right?

The plain stupid bit, and the fact that he's made up just about everything he has posted from day 1. Nobody could be that much of a cock in reality, right . . . ?

Oh and comparing him to Arnold Rimmer is hardly fair is it? Old Rimsy doesn't deserve that
I tried to be nice to you, then I tried to help you, then I tried to break the tension with a joke, now i'm going to try ignoring you. Lets see how that works
Old Nov 11th 2010, 3:56 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drop step
I tried to be nice to you, then I tried to help you, then I tried to break the tension with a joke, now i'm going to try ignoring you. Lets see how that works
Oh come on, it was nothing like that and you know it!! I don't care if you ignore me but that's a bit immature isn't it?
Old Nov 11th 2010, 4:12 pm
Banned

drop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the roughdrop step is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Oh come on, it was nothing like that and you know it!! I don't care if you ignore me but that's a bit immature isn't it?
Alright, you get one more chance. Don't blow it
Old Nov 11th 2010, 4:16 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by drop step
Alright, you get one more chance. Don't blow it
OK, but you have to admit I gave you as much entertainment as you gave me.

The world loves a b'stard
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
Quick Update
Spoke to the HOA and the local plod. Both agreed that there are covenants on our sub division and Round Rock city ordinances that are very strict limits on the noise audible outside of their plot which can result in a ticket. I already told the moron that next time I'll call the cops, to which I got an OK, bring it on. He said he is within his rights to make so much noise I can hear it inside my house - WRONG. Also he told me I was being un-neighborly to complain and also my cutting the grass once a week was no different, to which I had to ask him if he was deranged, which didn't go down too well (I think he understood what it meant, eventually....)!

At least I have spoken to 3 of his neighbors who are also pissed off at the noise and have sent emails to the HOA, which will elicit a general email to all home owners on the need to keep the noise down. Did I mention this is an established sub division on 0.5 acre lots, and this guy has only lived here for a year or so?

His introduction to the neighborhood last christmas break at 10:30PM was driving 2 quad bikes around his yard and the street, whooping away with his music turned way up. Words were had then as well. I really can’t stand other people imposing their lifestyle on me, whether it is politics, religion or their choice of music, which BTW is a local music station, nothing special. And those who say, well it is Austin (supposed music capital of the world/US/TX) is I don’t care, at all. This is a suburban family neighborhood, not 6th street. We are 40 miles from downtown, almost in another timezone….

- Tim
Well done, Tim! I hope you get the result you're after; looks like you've got some back up on your side.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:07 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting thread.

Despite what the retarded among us have posted, suburbian police spend a lot more time answering "noisy neighbor" and "cat in tree" calls than they do "person shot in the street" calls.

Tim,

You've got balls, I'll give you that. But you really should have just reported him to the HOA and called the police and I'll tell you why. He knows his behavior is annoying. He knows that he is bothering other people and causing discord in the community. This is not some unexpected consequence of his innocent love of local radio - it is the whole point. You're dealing with somebody on the emotional level of a 15 year old boy on steroids. What he's actually doing is posturing and displaying (like a baboon) to show everybody that he is the "strongest" and "biggest" male. Vomit inducing as it it - that's the truth. He will never respect your request, as deluded as this sounds, he sees it as a challenge to his manhood. He will have to be forced by an authority figure.

Is he married? How old is he? Just curious.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Interesting thread.

Despite what the retarded among us have posted, suburbian police spend a lot more time answering "noisy neighbor" and "cat in tree" calls than they do "person shot in the street" calls.

Tim,

You've got balls, I'll give you that. But you really should have just reported him to the HOA and called the police and I'll tell you why. He knows his behavior is annoying. He knows that he is bothering other people and causing discord in the community. This is not some unexpected consequence of his innocent love of local radio - it is the whole point. You're dealing with somebody on the emotional level of a 15 year old boy on steroids. What he's actually doing is posturing and displaying (like a baboon) to show everybody that he is the "strongest" and "biggest" male. Vomit inducing as it it - that's the truth. He will never respect your request, as deluded as this sounds, he sees it as a challenge to his manhood. He will have to be forced by an authority figure.

Is he married? How old is he? Just curious.
Makes sense to me....
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

cityhog will become famous soon enoughcityhog will become famous soon enough

Interesting thread.

It was you or your buddy, wasn't it?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:21 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
It was you or your buddy, wasn't it?
Just shut up.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just shut up.
Look in the mirror and say that to yourself.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just shut up.
Grow up. Calling names like that to anybody on this forum make you look real stupid.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with Leslie.

Twice I have had to restrain M from "decking" our neighbour, it's not worth it even though it woud give M great satisfaction. He knows how to wind up everyone in the neighborhood and then act the victim. If he starts on anything or anyone now everyone calls the cops...I think it's working as things are pretty quiet now
Old Nov 14th 2010, 7:27 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
I have to agree with Leslie.

Twice I have had to restrain M from "decking" our neighbour, it's not worth it even though it woud give M great satisfaction. He knows how to wind up everyone in the neighborhood and then act the victim. If he starts on anything or anyone now everyone calls the cops...I think it's working as things are pretty quiet now
The police will even tell you not to deal with "problem" neighbors yourself. They know you have no authority over them and they're not going to submit to your will just because you ask nicely. The police generally already know (or want to know) where the problem people live. They will also leave you out of it if you ask them to ... unless you are filing a formal complaint the police don't have to tell the asshole who called in on them.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 8:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cityhog
Grow up. Calling names like that to anybody on this forum make you look real stupid.
Sorry...but you're the one making a fool of yourself.
Old Nov 14th 2010, 8:32 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

It's nice to see that not much has changed here, while I've been away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.