Finding people

Old May 18th 2009, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finding people

Hey everyone, I have been on Facebook a lot this weekend as found lots of folks I was raised with. One of the folks I know is now 41 and has 2 brothers. They were all raised in a Home (how I knew them) or pushed around in foster care. he has not seen his brothers since he was 15! this is terribly sad. Social services won't give him any information. I advised him to leave a note in his file and if he in their files with his contact information. He really needs to find them as he has no family at all. He does have kids but sure you can imagine he wants to find his own siblings. They live in UK. He has tried the routes others would like facebook, myspace and friends reunited. He has contacted some agencies but of course they want a lot of money upfront which he doesn't have. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old May 18th 2009, 4:46 pm
Banned

srah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to allsrah is a name known to all
Default Re: Finding people

Originally Posted by fulwood
Hey everyone, I have been on Facebook a lot this weekend as found lots of folks I was raised with. One of the folks I know is now 41 and has 2 brothers. They were all raised in a Home (how I knew them) or pushed around in foster care. he has not seen his brothers since he was 15! this is terribly sad. Social services won't give him any information. I advised him to leave a note in his file and if he in their files with his contact information. He really needs to find them as he has no family at all. He does have kids but sure you can imagine he wants to find his own siblings. They live in UK. He has tried the routes others would like facebook, myspace and friends reunited. He has contacted some agencies but of course they want a lot of money upfront which he doesn't have. Any advice would be appreciated.

There's always the sally army - good luck!
http://www2.salvationarmy.org.uk/familytracing
Old May 18th 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

thanks.that's a good idea. i'll see if he has tried that..
Old May 18th 2009, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

MNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really niceMNandMN is just really nice

There is an organisation called NORCAP that helps trace adoptive parents - would that be of any use? if some of his siblings have been adopted.
Old May 18th 2009, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

This all helps. They would have been about 11 and 13 when left Home and into Foster care. I will ask my friend for his brother's birthdates and see what info I can gather. All suggestions and ideas are welcome and this is one maybe we can investigate as well.
Old May 18th 2009, 9:14 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Starting here would be your friend's best bet:

http://www.ico.gov.uk/

There is some information that is protected, but, with a little knowledge and putting two and two together, your friend may be able to figure out where his siblings may have gone. Once he has narrowed the geographic field, ads in the local free newspapers generate good responses. The Salvation Army are also brilliant at helping with these cases. I have used them, and with success. I wish him well, but gently caution your friend that sometimes, just sometimes, it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.

http://www1.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki...3?Opendocument
Old May 18th 2009, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If he has a vague clue about where they might be www.192.com searches phone books and electoral rolls. As they were brothers at least they will probably have kept the same names.
Old May 26th 2009, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Shellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to beholdShellyj is a splendid one to behold

Some info for you re access to records. Everyone has the right to see their 'care files' 3rd party information will be blanked out unless you have specific permission from the people concerned. However after careful reading he may find links, information, although depending on 'where he is' with his history it can be traumatic reading this stuff, it was for me.

http://www.careleavers.com/content.p...43&pageorder=1

http://www.missinglinks.me.uk/