Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Financial Consultant Recommendations?

Financial Consultant Recommendations?

Old Jan 29th 2020, 7:52 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Consultant Recommendations?

Originally Posted by KayCooper
My issue is that the blend of a non-distinct "British" accent with a west coast Canadian accent has resulted in me sounding Australian to a lot of people (from various countries). I've even had Aussies ask me with part of Australia I'm from! So now I have this weird mid-atlantic accent, which results in Canadians thinking I sound Aussie and Brits thinking I sound American!
Wow!

I occasionally get asked if I am Australian, but most Americans can pick out that I'm British, and some can even pick out that I am from the north of England. And I quite often find myself talking to some whose mother or grandmother is British - there are a lot of war brides in the area. I don't mind being asked about my accent as everyone I talk to seems to "luurve" it, and after living and working in London, where it stood out but not in a good way, the novelty of people liking my accent will never wear off.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 29th 2020 at 7:54 pm.
Old Feb 1st 2020, 9:57 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial Consultant Recommendations?

Originally Posted by KayCooper
Hi everyone,

First time poster here My husband and I are moving back to the UK from Canada this summer. We've been in Canada since 2008, and I have my own consulting business (incorporated company), as well as RRSPs etc. I'm hoping to find some recommendations for a financial planner who can help us navigate moving money from Canada to the UK and the best way to go about it, so we don't get dinged on taxes, exchange rates, fees, etc etc! I intend to close my business here before we leave, but really need to talk to someone who can advise what to do with the cash assets.

Thanks in advance!
We have been using KIERAN LYNCH FCA, FCCA, CTA. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT AND CHARTERED TAX ADVISER, Alsager Cheshire and are very happy with his services. Kieran is based in the UK, but is very familiar with Canadian tax/RRSP etc issues. We left Canada in 2012, but still have RRSP’s in Canada and hubby was was working in Canada for a time, so tax issues became a little complicated and Kieran was able to deal with that for us. Good luck with your move.