Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Finally received PETS Scheme Certificates

Finally received PETS Scheme Certificates

Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

missionuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally received PETS Scheme Certificates

I can't believe it. After my vet forgetting to send the blood test off to FAVN and not letting me know until 6 weeks later, (poor Maxi had to go through the whole procedure again) then him filling out the PETS USDA form incorrectly THREE times , I have finally received the certifcates stamped and signed from USDA.

Here are the errors that were made so that you can watch out for them also. I hope you all don't think it silly of me to explain the errors in so much detail, but inaccuracy could lead to you and your pet being sent back to USA.

1. It states on the form that the date should be written in words. It was returned to my Vet because he wrote the date as follows: March 8, 2004 instead of 'March eighth two thousand and four'

2. It was returned again from USDA because he wrote 'March fourth two thousand and four' (instead of March eighth two thousand and four).

3. It was returned again because the rabies expiry date was written wrongly. He wrote September instead of August.

These are all examples that could cost us money, time and even legal problems (e.g. someone might be sent back to USA whose visa is expiring/expired).

Droncit is the Tapeworm Medication and Frontline is the Flea and Tick treatment that Defra are accepting.

Good Luck!