Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Finally hubby on board with looking at options!

Finally hubby on board with looking at options!

Old May 26th 2013, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

KerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really nice
Default Finally hubby on board with looking at options!

So after 4 long years of wanting to go home and hubby constantly telling me to give it more time; he has finally agreed for me to at least start doing serious research on the possibility.

Just to give a bit of background, I left London in 2009 to join my bf at the time in Canada. We have since got married and have a baby. I have missed home dearly from day one especially family and friends. Since leaving i have been visiting at least 3 times a year.

Even though i feel a bit more settled here now it is still is a big issue for me being so far from my support network and i still generally feel a bit out of place here.

So hubby has agreed to visit some potential new towns with me when we go over to visit London etc. So we are giving it a year to do all the research. cost of living etc. I definitely would not want to move back to the area i grew up.. not the best.. but would like to consider outskirts of London or greater London. So thinking Hertfordshire, or some parts of south.. not too keen on Essex.

If any one has tips on how they did their pros and cons list, potential cost of living etc please let me know. Also anyone who has returned with a foreign spouse, can anyone share how difficult it has been for them to secure work and settle?

I am excited about this next step now but at the same time nervous. I am hoping i wont be disappointed when i visit new areas to live etc. I never got a chance to live in the UK independently so it is important to me that i look into this properly as we are now a family. We will be looking at schools etc as well. My hubby still thinks our son and me will have better opportunities here though which is throwing my judgement a bit..

But i am least happy we are going to do this research properly and he is willing to do it with me. Who knows i might change my mind once we do this list but just so happy he is finally supporting me to look into it now.
Old May 27th 2013, 1:08 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally hubby on board with looking at options!

Sounds very promising.
Good luck.
I used www.mumsnet.com for some of my research asking about schools, reading about the daily stuff over there seems to put things into perspective for me, we have an 8 year old. they have a section for just about everything you can think of.
Old May 27th 2013, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

KerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really nice

Thanks for the link Mummy in the foothills! I will check this site out.
Old May 27th 2013, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck KerinaK2008, its great that your husband is now open to a possible move!

Mummy in the foothills, thanks for posting the link I'm going to check that site out too.