Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Finally the best news ever.

Wikiposts

Finally the best news ever.

Old Jul 30th 2013, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Homeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally the best news ever.

I've just had confirmation that I can go home with the kids in December

Just a little background, I'm in the US and had to move here with my husbands job for 2 years. The amount of time we were to stay in the US has changed on a monthly basis by my husbands employer.

My DD never settled here in the US and just longed for home. We finally made the decision, that the children and I would return to the UK without my husband.

Because my husband works for the UK government we have had to jump through hoops with paperwork and applications for our return. Finally, today we received the ''Yes'' we needed from my husbands employer to cover cost of our return.

I'm not sure when my husband will be returning. At the moment there is mention of March 2014 or Sept 2014, but he still has to come home today so I could be different already.

I have been lurking around and posted a very little from the first few months of arriving here in the US. I can't tell you how much reading the site has helped keep me sane.

Thank you to everyone
Old Jul 30th 2013, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Finally the best news ever.

Wahey, Homeis! What good news. I've followed some of your story, and believe this is very welcome news. I hope the hubby will be following close behind, and believe me the months will fly by now!
It's the uncertainty that's a killer when you know you're going back, but you don't know when, I had that! Anyway, great news!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

That's wonderful news! Very happy for you and hope it won't be too long before your husband can join you in the UK.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

That's absolutely wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 30th 2013, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

morayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond reputemorayeel has a reputation beyond repute

Happy for you..
Old Jul 30th 2013, 1:52 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent News. Well done. I bet you've packed already ! Hope that's for definate and they don't give you the shilly shally like they have for your husband. Basically, have you booked the flights ? So if they muck you around, it's their money that could be wasted ?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 4:08 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

That is the best news.
Old Jul 30th 2013, 5:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Woo hoo! Fabulous news! Hope you won't be parted for too long and your DH will be able to follow sooner rather than later!
Old Jul 31st 2013, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Lestergirl will become famous soon enoughLestergirl will become famous soon enough

Aw I love to read stories like this, if only I had insisted we came home all those years ago, I thought I was going to be there a year and then it was 3 and then 15 years later I left.. but without my children who are just too American now.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

Homeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond reputeHomeiswheretheheartis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you to everyone for your support.

I'm just about to send the email off to book our flights, hoping for the beginning of December. I have to send the application of to another government dept so won't hear for at least 2 weeks the actual date we will be flying home.

I'm hoping my husband won't be long after, but as I said its changing on a monthly basis at the moment. Thats because the "company" hasn't go a clue what its doing as usual.