Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

The film Australia....who saw it?

The film Australia....who saw it?

Old Jun 14th 2009, 3:10 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute
Default The film Australia....who saw it?

I watched the film Australia last night. Absolutely all credit to brilliant acting, truth and the Aborigines. Australia should be proud.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:59 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of
Default Re: The film Australia....who saw it?

It was a giggle:

"Shut ya damper hole"..

but apart from the excessively ocker character Jackman played and the painfully wooden Kidman (yes she was supposed to be playing a stereotypical stuck up Englishwoman - but even so that was not good)

The rest of the acting was good and the film well worth watching - although perhaps a little too long.

Some fantastic scenery...
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the first 15 mins of it on the flight back from Oz!Sorry not for me,thought the acting was crap!Thought the opening scenes were so predicatable,aussie pub,men fighting,lady turns up horrified???)
Old Jun 14th 2009, 7:30 am
Banned

cricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond reputecricket1again has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was just normal for here. If you ever wondered what life outback is like, just watch the film.

When I first came on holiday to OZ as a naive pomme, I went to Kuranda up in Cairns. I found this really nice little pub and couldn;t understand why people were saying NO NO NO, you don't want to go in there.
Seconds later, there was a scene a lot like the opening one of the film Australia.
Nothings changed.

The scenery was fantastic though. It showed Australia as I have seen it. True to life. I've been to most places.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 4:38 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen the whole thing.

I still have issues. I want those 3 hours of my life BACK.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:02 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by mackinnon
I've seen the whole thing.

I still have issues. I want those 3 hours of my life BACK.
LOL.

I saw it all too, nearly fell asleep. It was ok i suppose, far too long though, just like on here, i don't do long posts or long films hehe.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

nephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the roughnephilim is a jewel in the rough

rubbish
Old Jun 19th 2009, 4:14 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nephilim
rubbish
I wouldn't rate it THAT highly!
Old Jun 24th 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Worst film I've seen in years. Even with Hugh Jackman to look at.

Predictable, stereotypical, mostly crap acting, overlong. I'd have walked out if I hadn't been with someone I didn't know that well and I can't ever recall even thinking about walking out of a film before.

Why Baz Luhrmann got involved beats me, Strictly Ballroom was 100x better than that crock of sh1t.

Sorry Cricket....
Old Jun 28th 2009, 3:53 am
Just Joined

GBTOUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by louie
Worst film I've seen in years. Even with Hugh Jackman to look at.

Predictable, stereotypical, mostly crap acting, overlong. I'd have walked out if I hadn't been with someone I didn't know that well and I can't ever recall even thinking about walking out of a film before.

Why Baz Luhrmann got involved beats me, Strictly Ballroom was 100x better than that crock of sh1t.

Sorry Cricket....
Agreed!!!!

LOUSY acting, awful dialogue and way too long.

Trite, tedious, overblown waste of time. It was embarrassing to watch.

I was very disappointed.

I'm sure many of you have seen it but the movie "Rabbit Proof Fence" is fantastic - a true story, intensely moving and beautifully acted. A far superior movie.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I was very disappointed.
A documentary then?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

tripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to beholdtripawaymars is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by GBTOUSA
Agreed!!!!

I was very disappointed.

I'm sure many of you have seen it but the movie "Rabbit Proof Fence" is fantastic - a true story, intensely moving and beautifully acted. A far superior movie.

have yet to see it but "Samson and Delilah" is supposed to be amazing..I wasn't too impressed with Australia either. i thought Hugh Jackman was o.k and the little boy amazing but Nicole Kidman?!!!
Old Jul 4th 2009, 2:40 am
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Put disc in player. Fwd through previews, get to menu, press play.

Watched first 10 minutes. Sucked.

Ejected disc.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

val2val is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubbie can't stand Hugh Jackman and I pretend to dislike him too... but secretly I'm in love with him Managed to trick him into seeing Australia by telling him about the great reviews it had. Three hours later, I don't think he was pleased. In all honesty, it's not the best film you'll ever see. But Australia and more importantly Hugh look amazing. If you want to see a little more of Hugh, take a look at http://www.womenrepublic.co.uk/enter.../hugh_jackman/ . He's only number 48 on the list but he's my number 1.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val2val
My hubbie can't stand Hugh Jackman and I pretend to dislike him too... but secretly I'm in love with him Managed to trick him into seeing Australia by telling him about the great reviews it had. Three hours later, I don't think he was pleased. In all honesty, it's not the best film you'll ever see. But Australia and more importantly Hugh look amazing. If you want to see a little more of Hugh, take a look at http://www.womenrepublic.co.uk/enter.../hugh_jackman/ . He's only number 48 on the list but he's my number 1.
I watched it for 10 minutes flying home from Australia then decided I would self flagilate instead.Then I listened to Kiki Dee and got smashed with booze and ate the glass,anything but watch that shite.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.