Few ??? on Fiance visa

Old Aug 24th 2009, 8:22 pm
Just Joined

RomanCandle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Few ??? on Fiance visa

Hello

I have posted on here quite some time ago, and you al helped me a lot. Was wondering if you could help me with some other questions I had.

I am filling out my UK fiancee application and I have ran into a few question which I'm not too sure about.

Travel dates?
Would this be my return plane ticket to the UK? I got my return ticket flying out of DC around the end of November...if I put that date, will it push back the processing date? As I would have time to wait. As soon as I get my fiance visa, I am planning on leaving as soon as I can.

Marital status?
I am engaged...so what do I check? Unmarried partner? Or single? I just know that further down the application it asks what your partners name is. And it says, skip this if you are single.

Residential and contact address?

I haven't really been living in the states for quite some time.

My situation:
I moved over to the UK in 2004, had to leave in 2008. Three months later I came back to the UK on a visitors visa to spend time with my fiance for 5 months - this is where I am now. In that time, my family moved back over to the UK as my father was offered another job. As I am no longer a dependent, I was not on this visa. So me going back to the states, I don't really live anywhere. I'm going back to stay with a friend until I get my fiancee visa. So when they ask me my residential address - what do I put?

I know when I was just on a visitor visa, and can't consider my fiance's house as my residential address.

Obviously my contact information will be at my friend's address.

Have you travelled to the UK within the last 10 years?
This gets a bit tricky.

I came on a dependency visa as my father was offered a job here in the UK in 2004. In 2008 we had to leave as his job was ending. My visa ended a few months before everyone else's because for some reason me being of age, they didn't want to issue me a full year's visa, only 6 months. So my visa ended in September, and my family's visa ended in December. My father called the Border Agency and asked if it would be alright if I stayed until December and left with the rest of my family, as I didn't have anywhere else to go.

They said it would be fine for me to stay until December and then leave. When I left the country, no one asked me about my overstay and gladly handed my passport back to me. As I came back to the UK on a visitor visa when March rolled around...and they let me into the country without any problems, I don't think this is a problem.

Do I state this on my visa application? As when they ask about the duration I stayed in the UK on my first visa, do I put months? Do I have to state this overstay - will it hurt me if I don't or if I do include it?

Any previous UK visas?

Again...do I state this 3 month overstay?

Those are my questions for now. I'd be grateful if anyone could shed some light on these questions.

Thanks
Old Aug 29th 2009, 5:12 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Few ??? on Fiance visa

Originally Posted by RomanCandle
Hello

I have posted on here quite some time ago, and you al helped me a lot. Was wondering if you could help me with some other questions I had.

I am filling out my UK fiancee application and I have ran into a few question which I'm not too sure about.

Travel dates?
Would this be my return plane ticket to the UK? I got my return ticket flying out of DC around the end of November...if I put that date, will it push back the processing date? As I would have time to wait. As soon as I get my fiance visa, I am planning on leaving as soon as I can.

Marital status?
I am engaged...so what do I check? Unmarried partner? Or single? I just know that further down the application it asks what your partners name is. And it says, skip this if you are single.

Residential and contact address?

I haven't really been living in the states for quite some time.

My situation:
I moved over to the UK in 2004, had to leave in 2008. Three months later I came back to the UK on a visitors visa to spend time with my fiance for 5 months - this is where I am now. In that time, my family moved back over to the UK as my father was offered another job. As I am no longer a dependent, I was not on this visa. So me going back to the states, I don't really live anywhere. I'm going back to stay with a friend until I get my fiancee visa. So when they ask me my residential address - what do I put?

I know when I was just on a visitor visa, and can't consider my fiance's house as my residential address.

Obviously my contact information will be at my friend's address.

Have you travelled to the UK within the last 10 years?
This gets a bit tricky.

I came on a dependency visa as my father was offered a job here in the UK in 2004. In 2008 we had to leave as his job was ending. My visa ended a few months before everyone else's because for some reason me being of age, they didn't want to issue me a full year's visa, only 6 months. So my visa ended in September, and my family's visa ended in December. My father called the Border Agency and asked if it would be alright if I stayed until December and left with the rest of my family, as I didn't have anywhere else to go.

They said it would be fine for me to stay until December and then leave. When I left the country, no one asked me about my overstay and gladly handed my passport back to me. As I came back to the UK on a visitor visa when March rolled around...and they let me into the country without any problems, I don't think this is a problem.

Do I state this on my visa application? As when they ask about the duration I stayed in the UK on my first visa, do I put months? Do I have to state this overstay - will it hurt me if I don't or if I do include it?

Any previous UK visas?

Again...do I state this 3 month overstay?

Those are my questions for now. I'd be grateful if anyone could shed some light on these questions.

Thanks
always tell the truth!
try posting on a more appropriate site eg /www.immigrationboards.com www.ukresident.com
Old Aug 29th 2009, 8:18 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Few ??? on Fiance visa

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
always tell the truth!
try posting on a more appropriate site eg /www.immigrationboards.com www.ukresident.com
uk-yankee.com