Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Feel sick with worry and leaving tomorrow please help calm

Feel sick with worry and leaving tomorrow please help calm

Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:30 am
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of
Exclamation Feel sick with worry and leaving tomorrow please help calm

Please Please PLEASE tell me its all ok and that I can go to bed and sleep.

Children and me are to leave Omaha tomorrow for England. I went home over Xmas found a job, rented a house ( by the way, that was not fun had to pay 6 months up-front)
Have bills all changed into my name, kids school paperwork done, ect,ect

Tonight I go and try and do a online check in and told I can't because I am flying in a UK passport but because kids are on a US passport and I dind't buy a return and I may not be able to leave or that I can get as far as England but they may not let them in!!
I do have paperwork from kids dad, saying its ok for me to leave the US, it talks about child support , times and dates, ect,ect but its not from the courts, because divorce isn't a done deal yet but its is notarized ( I filed the paper work, letting him do whatever, and I don't need to be here for it to go on)

Please tell me this is just one of those things that they have to tell me
I'm going out of my mind here, I have to much invested in this move ( I have my household goods shipped and due in England next week)
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feel sick with worry and leaving tomorrow please help calm

Originally Posted by Cherylbe

Children and me are to leave Omaha tomorrow for England. I went home over Xmas found a job, rented a house ( by the way, that was not fun had to pay 6 months up-front)

Tonight I go and try and do a online check in and told I can't because I am flying in a UK passport but because kids are on a US passport and I dind't buy a return and I may not be able to leave or that I can get as far as England but they may not let them in!!
I do have paperwork from kids dad, saying its ok for me to leave the US, it talks about child support , times and dates, ect,ect but its not from the courts, because divorce isn't a done deal yet but its is notarized ( I filed the paper work, letting him do whatever, and I don't need to be here for it to go on)

I'm going out of my mind here, I have to much invested in this move ( I have my household goods shipped and due in England next week)
No wonder your stressed....cannot really advise you but...can you not phone for advice from immigration? if not you can either: (if it is fine with your childrens father for them to leave and live in the U.K and you really do not have any other choice)..could you not buy a return ticket for the children and then "sort things out" when you are in the U.K..or delay your flight for a day or so if you can get papers to cover the childrens flight?..I am sure with all the stress etc this situation does happen to others and if all is done legally once you are in the U.K then it should work out fine....whatever happens things have a way of sorting themselves out.....good luck and hopefully you are worrying about nothing....
Old Jan 14th 2010, 8:58 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

You say you have a notarized letter from the children's dad? Hopefully this will be sufficient, but can he also come to the airport with you, or at least stand by the phone in case you do encounter problems?
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of

I had to wait up till 3am my time to call back home and taked to the home office. It comes down to them having US passports and me not getting some visa called a board ( might have that wrong, thats what it sounded like she said)
I had no clue I needed one, I thought as long as they were with me, and I have the paperwork showing they are my children and me on a English passpot it would be ok. I was asked why didn't get them UK ones and had to explain I was told it would most likey take up to 12 weeks and sometimes more and called 10 weeks before my leave date,so didn't want to risk not getting them in time, so went with the US ones.
She said that they can turn them away but if., ..and I do have all the paperwork that they will most likey give them a two month visa and then I should go and get them a passport .. UK one.
She was really nice about it, and was saying that its a shame things are not so cut and dry as they could be, but she told me to take down the number I called and what she told me, that way it shows that I have looked into it and was trying to get it sorted.

I can't change my dates again, I did it once and lost 3K on those flights and can't lose another 3K on these ones as well.
Thank you for your time. I guess we will see what happends 11am UK time on Friday when I land.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:45 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Have your birth certificate ready too is possible so you can show you aren't a UKC by descent and can pass on your nationality.
I hope they don't give too much grief.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Have your birth certificate ready too is possible so you can show you aren't a UKC by descent and can pass on your nationality.
I hope they don't give too much grief.
I have mine one me as well as the kids , one who was born in England.. other was born here.
I just went and pulled them out as well as all court papers about the soon to be Ex and his ok'ing me moving. I also have a home rented and schools set up.
Thanks
Old Jan 14th 2010, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

Vladeastasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are you taking the children away from their own father? that is selfish behaviour, you should stay and work things out
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Vladeastasia
Why are you taking the children away from their own father? that is selfish behaviour, you should stay and work things out
That has nothing to do with you or anyone eles,,Life happends we do things that have to be done , so we can move on.
I think it's rather rude of you to even post this.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:06 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

That has nothing to do with you or anyone eles,,Life happends we do things that have to be done , so we can move on.
Agreed
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That remark is out of order.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

bettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud ofbettyboo67 has much to be proud of

Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Did you register your children's birth with the British Embassy...do you have UK birth certiifcates for them. If so that will prove they are UK citizens...therefore they have the right to enter the UK as UK citizens.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

That remark is completely out of order. You are not qualified to make remark and really it is none of your business.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in your move, hope everything goes well at the UK airport. Will be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you well.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

I knew I should have but no ,I didn't get the paperwork done for my 4 year old.
My other child is 11 and he was born in the UK,so his birth cert is ok.
I wish I had known all this before, I guess I just thought that with me being English and them being my childern it wouldn't be a problem because I even have the dad's ok'ing this and its on paper.
I leave here in four hours to start this mess. I don't think I will face any problems till I get into the UK, then its going to be me on pins and needles.
I think it will be ok, I hope it will , I pry it will.
I have everything needed to prove they are my kids and dad is ok with, set up a bank account while I was home over Xmas and have had my savings wired over already. Have a house set up ( nothing in it mind you) and school is ready to go.

I will update when I can, sad thing about going back home is that can't seem to get anything hooked up for 4-5 weeks! not used that at all.
Will be useing friends PC's in the meantime.
Thank you all who posted back with good info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.