Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Feel sick with worry and leaving tomorrow please help calm

Feel sick with worry and leaving tomorrow please help calm

Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feel sick with worry and leaving tomorrow please help calm

Originally Posted by Cherylbe
I knew I should have but no ,I didn't get the paperwork done for my 4 year old.
My other child is 11 and he was born in the UK,so his birth cert is ok.
I wish I had known all this before, I guess I just thought that with me being English and them being my childern it wouldn't be a problem because I even have the dad's ok'ing this and its on paper.
I leave here in four hours to start this mess. I don't think I will face any problems till I get into the UK, then its going to be me on pins and needles.
I think it will be ok, I hope it will , I pry it will.
I have everything needed to prove they are my kids and dad is ok with, set up a bank account while I was home over Xmas and have had my savings wired over already. Have a house set up ( nothing in it mind you) and school is ready to go.

I will update when I can, sad thing about going back home is that can't seem to get anything hooked up for 4-5 weeks! not used that at all.
Will be useing friends PC's in the meantime.
Thank you all who posted back with good info.
Make sure you have your youngest's birth certificate at hand when you arrive in the UK.

Good luck and if possible try to let us know how you went on. All the best.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

geordieland is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Feel sick with worry and leaving tomorrow please help calm

I had to travel back once with both my kids on expired passports. (for some reason I didnt check them until the day we left and was horrified to find that they had expired a couple of months before!) Because it was a Sunday, it was difficult to get hold of people to get advice, but got someone from the British consulate who told me all the potential things that could happen, worst of which seemed to be that the Airlines could refuse to carry them at all, but gave me phone numbers etc to call if something did go wrong. As it turned out, no one checked their passports at check in (believe it or not) and when we landed they didnt bat an eyelid. While I realize its not as complicated as your situation, it was a lot of stress and worry for what turned out to be completely uneventful. I hope your trip is as uneventful as mine was! Best of luck!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 6:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordieland
I had to travel back once with both my kids on expired passports. (for some reason I didnt check them until the day we left and was horrified to find that they had expired a couple of months before!) Because it was a Sunday, it was difficult to get hold of people to get advice, but got someone from the British consulate who told me all the potential things that could happen, worst of which seemed to be that the Airlines could refuse to carry them at all, but gave me phone numbers etc to call if something did go wrong. As it turned out, no one checked their passports at check in (believe it or not) and when we landed they didnt bat an eyelid. While I realize its not as complicated as your situation, it was a lot of stress and worry for what turned out to be completely uneventful. I hope your trip is as uneventful as mine was! Best of luck!
This is a subject that's been discussed many times in the US forums. Dean British Consul as posted about this several times.

With airline security getting tighter and tighter...it may not be as easy to board a plane or enter a country without a current PP as it once was.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Vladeastasia is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgive me for my above comment, my friend a year ago killed himself his wife left him and took the kids wtihout telling him -
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:13 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cherylbe
That has nothing to do with you or anyone eles,,Life happends we do things that have to be done , so we can move on.
I think it's rather rude of you to even post this.
I agree and rather rude!
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:16 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vladeastasia
Forgive me for my above comment, my friend a year ago killed himself his wife left him and took the kids wtihout telling him -
I think you could have explained that in the first place or asked in another way I mean not every one situation is the same as the person you knew.
Also if you read the thread correctly you will see that the father knows and has given his consent.
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Baby75
I think you could have explained that in the first place or asked in another way I mean not every one situation is the same as the person you knew.
Also if you read the thread correctly you will see that the father knows and has given his consent.
He's aplogoised...let's move on...
Old Jan 14th 2010, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

janeyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond reputejaneyk has a reputation beyond repute

good luck Cheryl!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:09 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Well she's been gone a while and should be somewhere mid air by now.
I hope it all went OK
Old Jan 15th 2010, 6:10 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Well she's been gone a while and should be somewhere mid air by now.
I hope it all went OK
Yes fingers crossed all went well for her.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Lets all send her good karma, it is nerve racking to do this move without having this to think about all the way over on the plane.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

yorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond reputeyorkshirelass has a reputation beyond repute

This past summer, my friend flew back to the UK with the same passport situation. She had no problems at all so I'm sure it will be fine.

Hope all went well.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 12:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vladeastasia
Why are you taking the children away from their own father? that is selfish behaviour, you should stay and work things out
Thats abit rough is'nt it?Do you know this ladies personal life details????I took my kids away from their father(he's australian)and thats probably the best thing I ever did for them!Don't judge so harshly,you don't know the details of this ladies life and its also none of your business.To the OP I hope it all works out for you,I'm sure everything will be fine xx
Old Jan 17th 2010, 1:47 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

And perhaps stating the obvious, for the benefit of others, get the proper travel documents before booking any flights.