Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Feel much stronger after reading on here!!

Feel much stronger after reading on here!!

Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

mumof5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feel much stronger after reading on here!!

Originally Posted by quoll
You lucky girl, Bath! As a closet JA fan I could happily settle in Bath (if only I had the fortune to go with it!!!) We lived in Bristol for a few years when DH was at uni there - definitely not the same at all!!!

I am so thrilled for those of you who can, and are, heading home. I hope it all works out brilliantly for you all!
Hi Quoll you're right I am really lucky, I was fortunate enough to come and try things here and realise that it's not for me. Luckily I deferred my teacher training place and can't wait to start it in September. I know what you mean about Bath, I can't afford to live there but Bath Spa university is set in beautiful grounds. Roll on September!! Take Care
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

vik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nicevik73 is just really nice

I knew I couldn't be the only one feeling like this but its great to see that i'm not abnormal!!!
I've been here 11 months today (Buderim,) I love the place its great but I miss so much back in England, friends and family, chocolate, pubs, crisps, Doner kebabs, proper chips, shops, supermarkets, the list is endless. I moved here because it was what my husband wanted, I kidded myself that I could grow to want it too but so far it hasn't happened. I had a baby 10 weeks ago and had a bit of a hard time, my parents have been out to see her, which was great but it just makes me want to go back and show her off to everyone else!
I really do wish everyone who is going back all the best of luck, maybe one day it will be me but that will be without my husband, can't see him ever moving again!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

jojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond reputejojosan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vik73
I knew I couldn't be the only one feeling like this but its great to see that i'm not abnormal!!!
I've been here 11 months today (Buderim,) I love the place its great but I miss so much back in England, friends and family, chocolate, pubs, crisps, Doner kebabs, proper chips, shops, supermarkets, the list is endless. I moved here because it was what my husband wanted, I kidded myself that I could grow to want it too but so far it hasn't happened. I had a baby 10 weeks ago and had a bit of a hard time, my parents have been out to see her, which was great but it just makes me want to go back and show her off to everyone else!
I really do wish everyone who is going back all the best of luck, maybe one day it will be me but that will be without my husband, can't see him ever moving again!!
Hello there! It's good to know you're not alone, isn't it? Congratulations on the baby, at least you've got something great to concentrate on.

Good luck with everything, I hope life pans out for you as you'd want it!!