Reload this Page >

expats coming from oz beware

Wikiposts

expats coming from oz beware

Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:14 am
Just Joined

expatgreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: expats coming from oz beware

A newbie lolz ok but im not new to politics you might be a super power but you guy couldnt run a chip shop 30days for N I numbers your a joke that why other brits complane to me because it not so good here
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:21 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expatgreg
A newbie lolz ok but im not new to politics you might be a super power but you guy couldnt run a chip shop 30days for N I numbers your a joke that why other brits complane to me because it not so good here
What is your first language?

You really need to do some work on your English
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:31 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=mikelincs;11580802]Welcome to BE

I'm sorry you find yourself in this situation.

Try your local citizens advice bureau, but really this shows people that they should do research before moving, Have you not been able to get any sort of job?
Your local council also can help, but the UK has been making it harder for people to just move to the UK and get benefits.

People moving from the UK to Australia without a firm job offer are usually advised to make sure they have at least enough money to last for 6 months[/QUOTE Well have you seen the exchange rate i could have rented a house brought shit load of food and an old car with money i brought with me then you have the the jobs so its easy really and if you falling over theres some there to pick you up and dust you off

Last edited by expatgreg; Mar 2nd 2015 at 7:48 am.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by durham_lad
Sorry to hear about your problems, and it is a reminder to the rest of us to get our NI numbers sorted before returning. We couldn't find my wife's NI number and so we wrote off to the office in the UK, with a form we printed off the internet, and they wrote back with it a few weeks later, so I know it takes time. (We'll be moving back next year)

I would also recommend a visit to the Citizens Advice Bureau to get advice from them.
Thanks mate yeah i looked all over that site trying to find out all of these things but still come off second best looks like our dreams might be dashed if we dont get some help soon and this little excise would have costs me twenty grand cheers
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Grayling

Maybe its this stupid ph dick
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:01 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

What's a "ph dick"?

Is it some sort of medical condition?
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Grayling

Maybe its this stupid ph dick we all can't have small prisy hands like yours
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:06 am
Bitter and twisted

So it is a hand condition......never heard of it before.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 8:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

You really need to change your attitude and posting style otherwise your time with us will be short lived.

Thread closed.
Old Mar 2nd 2015, 3:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

this what get all the time but people need there N I numbers to start with or are you avacating that i work without paying taxs thats if can get a job as i only speak english
One of the greatest myths is the belief that you can't work without an NI number.

This is absolutely untrue. You can still work while waiting for your National Insurance number to be allocated. Some employers will charge emergency tax, which is a flat rate (usually 22%). Your employer may choose to do this so they don't have to guess what your tax amount would be. The good news is that if you are taxed over and above your correct tax amount this is recoverable at the end of the financial year by doing a Tax Refund.
- See more at: UK National Insurance Number | 1st Contact Kickstart | NI Number Assistance

UK National Insurance Number | 1st Contact Kickstart | NI Number Assistance
Old Mar 3rd 2015, 9:20 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Morning from New Zealand expatreg.

If I may suggest . Can you turn off the predictive text please? It clearly has a mind of it's own . Oddly, my husband who is severely dyslexic finds it makes trying to type anything far worse.

As Pollyana has pointed out, if you find work you may start prior to the resurrection of your NI number. I'm odd as mine is memorised into my brain for all time. Goodness knows why.

I can read that you are feeling angry right now at the position you find yourself in. Not surprising as it must be worrying for you, especially as yo have brought your son with you.

I do hope that you find any sort of work soon, as just like trying to settle anywhere in the world, having some income helps.

It is all too easy to blame the country you are in when the going gets a bit tough. As others have suggested , go to the Citizens Advice Bureau to find out what will best help you.

Good Luck.