An expat in my own country - on the look out

Wikiposts

An expat in my own country - on the look out

Old Aug 29th 2011, 5:53 am
Banned

ukwayfarer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default An expat in my own country - on the look out

Hi,

Our family has been back in the UK for about a year now and we feel like expats. Everything has changed so much, including our comfortable lifestyle. Having spent time in Nigeria, Botswana and Tunisia we have occasionally been at the rougher end.

I'm hoping to get us all overseas again shortly - so that we can enjoy the sun and all the things that go with it.

This time though I want to try something on my own. I want to try opening some British produce shops in Spain and the MENA region where there are large groups of ukexpats who occasionally struggle to get the things they want or struggle to afford the prices in their host country currency.

I'm interested hearing the views of expats in all locations about the supply of UK goods. I am conscious of the forum rules on advertising and will endeavour not to break those.

I look forward to chatting.

Andrew
Old Aug 29th 2011, 7:01 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: An expat in my own country - on the look out

Originally Posted by ukwayfarer
Hi,

Our family has been back in the UK for about a year now and we feel like expats. Everything has changed so much, including our comfortable lifestyle. Having spent time in Nigeria, Botswana and Tunisia we have occasionally been at the rougher end.

I'm hoping to get us all overseas again shortly - so that we can enjoy the sun and all the things that go with it.

This time though I want to try something on my own. I want to try opening some British produce shops in Spain and the MENA region where there are large groups of ukexpats who occasionally struggle to get the things they want or struggle to afford the prices in their host country currency.

I'm interested hearing the views of expats in all locations about the supply of UK goods. I am conscious of the forum rules on advertising and will endeavour not to break those.

I look forward to chatting.

Andrew
Welcome to BE Andrew.

From what you have said I think it would be best if you join in the community in the Spain Forums. The people who post in the Spain Forums are a friendly bunch of folk...why don't you pop over there, take a look around and join in? I suggest you check with our forum administrator Sue before making any further references to your impending business venture.

If you have problems finding your way around BE's many forums we have a team of concierges to guide you. The concierges for the Spain forums is The Oddities.

Problems and complaints should be addressed to a moderator. The mods for the Spain forums are Fred James and Mitzyboy.

Please shout out if you need further help.
Old Aug 29th 2011, 9:47 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew

I see Jerseygirl has given you the link to our Spain forum, which is definitely the right place to post, and hopefully get some feedback about your idea.

That just leaves me to say welcome to BE and good luck with your plans. I can certainly see why you are missing the sunshine.

Dread - x
Old Aug 29th 2011, 11:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The second one today. Username is the same as the company name/website address. Logged off as soon as they had posted. Looks like they want to use BE to promote their biz.

I've asked him to re-register using a different username as per site rules.