Expat Mortgages

Old Jul 6th 2016, 9:59 am
Was in Canada, now home.

Editha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond reputeEditha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Mortgages

Maybe the answer is that the btl mortgage improves your credit rating?

Just speculating.
Old Jul 20th 2016, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Okuda will become famous soon enoughOkuda will become famous soon enough

I thought I would update.
I went to visit an estate agent whist in England last week.
While it is true most lenders require 3 years worth of addresses to get a mortgage, a few don't, including Halifax.

As the husband will already have a job in England (Inter-company transfer to the UK office) that works for us.

We need a 10% to 20% deposit. Everything can be done via notarized documents.

I feel a lot more confident now.
Old Jul 27th 2016, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Okuda
Do you mind telling me which company you did a mortgage though. I rang HSBC mortgage today and she insisted I had to be living in the country to start the mortgage process and this is across the board, it's not just a HSBC policy, which seems a little odd to me as so many people buy houses in the UK whilst still aboard.
I don't see residency as a requirement for HSBC, just means your income requirements are not so high. https://www.expat.hsbc.com/1/2/hsbc-.../am-i-eligible
Old Jul 30th 2016, 7:55 am
Just Joined

stevetaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

I got a BTL mortgage with HSBC last year in August after being back in the UK for only 6 months. The deposit was 25%. I was told that it was the same criteria for a residential mortgage, although admittedly the entire process with HSBC was a disaster.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 10:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure all buy to let landlords are aware of upcoming changes in the treatment of income from buy-to-let properties - but just in case
Squeeze on buy to let | Taxation

One letting agent's plain English analysis of the effect of the changes, which have the potential to negatively impact every individual who has a mortgage on one or more buy to let properties
Budget 2015 Buy to Let Mortgage Interest… | Comfort Letting Agents LLP