Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Excuse me??!! What is wrong with my armpits?

Wikiposts

Excuse me??!! What is wrong with my armpits?

Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:51 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excuse me??!! What is wrong with my armpits?

OK, so this doesnt really have anything to do with moving back, but until this evening i was totally unaware that MY armpits needed special attention.
Yes, girls, according to the body products people Dove, because i am a *cough* *splutter* woman of a certain age, i now need to buy a different deoderant to "other" women.

WHAT???!!

My goodness, what will marketeers come up with next. Not only do i need copious amount of face slap to keep me from looking like the craters of Mount Etna. Not only do i have to pay extortionate amounts of money to hide the grey hairs, but now my armpits behave differently...
I mean really...

thankyou..rant over..
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:15 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Excuse me??!! What is wrong with my armpits?

Doesn't it make you feel.....special?!!!!!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 6:24 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Yes very special. Middle aged womens sweat is different to everyone elses.... apparently

Are they advertising this product in Aus yet?
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:37 pm
Account Closed

No....not that advanced here!!

They're still screaming at the camera about pet products at City Farmers, come in to the good - good - Good Guys, stick thin girls parade around the screen advertising some crappy clothes store for equally stick thin girls.....I have sworn to go and find these girls and force feed them a Whopper with cheese!

Oh....and all of these are repeated in the same mundane loop, night after night, every 5-7 minutes Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:48 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Yes very special. Middle aged womens sweat is different to everyone elses.... apparently

Are they advertising this product in Aus yet?
Nah just for you stinking old beech!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:48 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW

They're still screaming at the camera about pet products at City Farmers, come in to the good - good - Good Guys, stick thin girls parade around the screen advertising some crappy clothes store for equally stick thin girls.....I have sworn to go and find these girls and force feed them a Whopper with cheese!

Oh....and all of these are repeated in the same mundane loop, night after night, every 5-7 minutes Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Yes it is true.....Oz is land of lollipop head girl worship!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW

hee hee - I hated that good guys ad (one of many). I recorded an ad on my camera to remind myself how truly terrible they were.
hope plans to head back going well Tracey
Old Sep 27th 2007, 5:51 am
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL its funny as when im watching coronation street on a Canadian tv station on a sunday morning they have the following adverts every break,
Sweaty armpit deoderant
stained teeth toothpaste
dark and wrinkled undereye cream

My husband commented that demographic of ppl watching coronation street must all be sad, old wrinkly women with yellow teath sitting there sweating profusely!!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 10:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by birdynumnum
hope plans to head back going well Tracey
Still on track for early Oct 08. We've been investigating Sampford Peverell and Uffculme....looking very positive for Uffculme as they will have places in the school for the kids to go to.

How's it all going back there for you? Is Devon still as glorious as ever?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 12:31 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

Enough of the armpits - how is the new job going?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 2:34 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant, that'll be a relief to have school sorted wont it.
Devons as lovely as ever, unbelievably green and lush - just been out looking for a car so lots of lovely lanes n fields etc. I've got piccies but not my computer yet so cant post them for you all - been snapping canals, fields, little old buildings etc. Will do when computer arrives.
I'm staying with a friend for awhile which is brilliant, am very lucky, looking around whilst here to see where I want to move to - either somewhere else in Devon or not far.
Still lovely being home just wanting to get a car as I'm out of town and so stranded without. Better get back to autotrader then.
Just think you'll be heading back in 12 months
Soory for hijack Flea - back to pits xxx
Old Sep 28th 2007, 3:24 am
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

That Dove advert gets right on my wick!! Just another marketing ploy to make more money by suggesting more mature ladies need special shampoo, conditioner, deodrant etc - I really dislike the advert - I'm all for the 'as young as you feel approach' but I draw the line at naked wrinkly women suggesting all will be well with the world if you just use a certain kind of deodrant!!

Anyway - Birdy - good to hear all is well with you and Tracey glad your plans are still on track for Oct '08.

Finally on the stick thin Aussie women thing - just read an article in the UK's quality press (Daily Mirror) that Oz is now officicially the world's 5th most obese nation - USA being 1st and UK being 4th. Apparently despite the abundance of fresh veggies a lot of Aussie's 'are increasingly using sugar packed foods' - what made me laugh is that the article describes the typical Aussie diet as 'cereal, prawns, Vegemite and exotic fruit'