Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Exchanging Aussie licence for a Brit one???

Wikiposts

Exchanging Aussie licence for a Brit one???

Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Welsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really niceWelsh Heart is just really nice
Default Exchanging Aussie licence for a Brit one???

Confused!!!!!!!!

I read here that many people have swapped their licences with no trouble but the online interactive tool thingy tells me this is not possible for an Aussie licence and that my wife must sit the full theory and practical test???

Anyone swapped their aussie driving licence recently or know what the procedure is?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/Mo...ng_licence.dsb

Help!!!

BTW apart from being really busy.....REALLY REALLY busy we are v happy to be back and will update as soon as possible.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 10:31 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchanging Aussie licence for a Brit one???

Make sure you tick the "Gibralter or other designated country" box at question 3. Australia is a designated country

Then you'll get the answer you were expecting

Originally Posted by Welsh Heart
Confused!!!!!!!!

I read here that many people have swapped their licences with no trouble but the online interactive tool thingy tells me this is not possible for an Aussie licence and that my wife must sit the full theory and practical test???

Anyone swapped their aussie driving licence recently or know what the procedure is?

Help!!!

BTW apart from being really busy.....REALLY REALLY busy we are v happy to be back and will update as soon as possible.
Old Feb 27th 2011, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

You definitely dont have to do the test - my son just sent his licence off in the mail and got a new UK one IIRC

great to hear you are back and having a good time!
Old Feb 28th 2011, 3:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
You definitely dont have to do the test - my son just sent his licence off in the mail and got a new UK one IIRC

great to hear you are back and having a good time!

I would just add that when I swapped mine over, with Australian motorcycling entitlement obtained in Perth, they put this on the licence too (with a little "70Aus" code next to it)
Old Mar 1st 2011, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh Heart
Confused!!!!!!!!

Help!!!

I had my british drivers licence (I just updated it for a plastic one) but our son only had his Aussie one...if thats the case for you then you will have to hand in your Aussie one (I did this by post which I got from the post office) with a recent picture and within a week our son had his British drivers licence. Good luck, lovely to hear your enjoying being home, all the best