Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate joy for those of us in Aus

Exchange rate joy for those of us in Aus

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:47 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Exchange rate joy for those of us in Aus

Current rate just dipped to A$2.064 to the £... wooohooo... cash in!

I have been dithering for the last week or so watching it go up and down. The lowest i have ever seen it go in the last couple of years was 2.04, so i think today might be a good day to buy my £££££s
Old Mar 24th 2009, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Exchange rate joy for those of us in Aus

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum View Post
Current rate just dipped to A$2.064 to the £... wooohooo... cash in!

I have been dithering for the last week or so watching it go up and down. The lowest i have ever seen it go in the last couple of years was 2.04, so i think today might be a good day to buy my £££££s
B*gger! I sent mine over last week at 2.12. Curses!!! Mind you I did send over a chunk at 2.04 last year which was good.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:08 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll View Post
B*gger! I sent mine over last week at 2.12. Curses!!! Mind you I did send over a chunk at 2.04 last year which was good.
You did well last year!

It is starting to creep back up again. 2.077
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:17 am
Account Closed

katongkaren is an unknown quantity at this point

AND exchange rate joy for those of us holding Aussie Dollars whereever. It's buying a lot of Thai Baht at the moment - yay!

Is it going to keep going strong? What's your views anyone?
Old Mar 24th 2009, 4:19 am
I don't give a damn

I have been watching it over the last few months. It has been so volatile, I wouldnt like to predict what will happen this time next week let alone further into the year. Crazy times!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:11 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I have been watching it over the last few months. It has been so volatile, I wouldnt like to predict what will happen this time next week let alone further into the year. Crazy times!
Last time it was 2.04 was when we were still in OZ and we didn't have the funds to exchange. Afew weeks later when we had the funds the rates went up to 2.27:curse:
We had no choice but to change. 3 months later we have been transferring over bits and bats at rates of 2.12-2.27.
I think it's time to change the rest of it now
Old Mar 24th 2009, 8:22 am
I don't give a damn

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz View Post
Last time it was 2.04 was when we were still in OZ and we didn't have the funds to exchange. Afew weeks later when we had the funds the rates went up to 2.27:curse:
We had no choice but to change. 3 months later we have been transferring over bits and bats at rates of 2.12-2.27.
Do it quick Rach

Its still creeping up and up... now 2.08
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz View Post
Lovely to hear from you Nu Shooz, looks like the same will happen for us.....hopefully 2nd time lucky with this offer on our home......

Hope things are going well for you and your mums well.....
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:13 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Do it quick Rach

Its still creeping up and up... now 2.08
I just changed it all, my OZ bank acc is now empty lol. I use Ozforex every time i change money.

Originally Posted by brits1 View Post
Lovely to hear from you Nu Shooz, looks like the same will happen for us.....hopefully 2nd time lucky with this offer on our home......

Hope things are going well for you and your mums well.....
Hi Jackie. When are you planning the big escape then? Fingers crossed it all goes through. My house fell through the first time it sold, they said they had lost their jobs which i didn't believe. But sold it again 4 weeks later so all ended good in the end.
Did you have to drop in price alot? We dropped 40K to get shut. Still hunting for a house here in UK, put an offer for 50K less on a house and they said no lol...so we won't be buying that, still over priced here imo.
Let me know how you get on, i will pm you my email.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

pingpong is an unknown quantity at this point

just bought my pounds at 2.08! o yea! cant grumble at that. if you look at the longterm charts its a fantastic rate, like the best in 14 yrs or so.