Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Excess Baggage/Posting The Cat

Wikiposts

Excess Baggage/Posting The Cat

Old Sep 28th 2003, 9:42 pm
Merlot

Default Excess Baggage/Posting The Cat

The cat has passed her blood tests for the Pet Passport Scheme and can fly back anytime after 28th February 2004. Going to use Transpet for this so I am happy to keep anyone posted with my experiences.

Booked my flight for 25th March 2004, has anyone used Jetta for sending stuff back to Blighty as excess baggage? Are they any good?

Cheers
Merlot

Old Sep 29th 2003, 5:41 am
Dugongidae Member

dugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura aboutdugongs has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Excess Baggage/Posting The Cat

Good luck with the pussy cat.

Jetta were suggested by a removal company to us although after we weighed up the cost per kilo and handling fees qantas cargo were actually slightly cheaper. guess depends on what you are sending ours was just a 30 kg suitcase. as long as you have an airline ticket even if it is not qantas you can get a cheaper excess baggage rate.

Originally posted by Merlot
The cat has passed her blood tests for the Pet Passport Scheme and can fly back anytime after 28th February 2004. Going to use Transpet for this so I am happy to keep anyone posted with my experiences.

Booked my flight for 25th March 2004, has anyone used Jetta for sending stuff back to Blighty as excess baggage? Are they any good?

Cheers
Merlot
Old Sep 29th 2003, 4:45 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Excess Baggage/Posting The Cat

Originally posted by Merlot

Cheers
Merlot
Please keep us posted. I'm most interested in flying cats from Aus to UK. I have two cats and I intend to go back to the UK in the near future.

My cats came from Sing .. a shorter journey (well one of them did ... the other one from sing I lost recently to a failed kidney transplant.. my other one is a young Aus cat). What I'm worried about is one of my cats who is now 10 yr old. When he came to Oz he was just 4 year old. I'm a bit worried about flying this older cat...Has anyone done this? Flown an older cat on such a long flight. P.S he's also a bit of a nutter he hyper ventilates when nervous.. drools. He's so shy of other people because he was an abused street cat.

thanks
Old Oct 3rd 2003, 9:33 am

pomijean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ceri and Merlot re cats

Originally posted by Ceri
Please keep us posted. I'm most interested in flying cats from Aus to UK. I have two cats and I intend to go back to the UK in the near future.

My cats came from Sing .. a shorter journey (well one of them did ... the other one from sing I lost recently to a failed kidney transplant.. my other one is a young Aus cat). What I'm worried about is one of my cats who is now 10 yr old. When he came to Oz he was just 4 year old. I'm a bit worried about flying this older cat...Has anyone done this? Flown an older cat on such a long flight. P.S he's also a bit of a nutter he hyper ventilates when nervous.. drools. He's so shy of other people because he was an abused street cat.

thanks
Merlot are you going on the same plane as the cat,if not what time do you both arrive.
Ceri are you going from Brisbane or Sydney,its such a worry as I wan,t a direct flight for the animals
Old Oct 4th 2003, 10:41 am
Merlot

Default Cat Flight

Hi there

Pussy Cat flies with Qantas the day before we do and I am arranging an overnight stay at the Animal Reception Centre (they will let them stay free I think for 2 days).

I want to give her a chance to settle for 24 hours before being boxed off yet again for a 4/5 car journey. Also good if she has any side effects from the flight, she will be around trained staff.

Hope this helps, I'll keep you posted.

Merlot