Excess Baggage going back

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Excess Baggage going back

Is it possible to have excess baggage when returning to the UK?
Just a thought as i haven't heard of it from anyone on here.
Which airlines allow it, if any?

Whisky
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:01 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Excess Baggage going back

Originally Posted by whisky

Whisky
my MIL is going back to UK on Thursday after 12 months here in Perth, she is only allowed 20 kg, no more unfortunatley. She is returning after Xmas.
Are you leaving for good of just a hol?
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulrachel
my MIL is going back to UK on Thursday after 12 months here in Perth, she is only allowed 20 kg, no more unfortunatley. She is returning after Xmas.
Are you leaving for good of just a hol?
I thought it would probably be unlikely.
I am going back for good.
I have sent a couple of boxes back by post, but it has cost me a fortune and they are things that I am really going to need until my other stuff arrives.

Whisky
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought it would probably be unlikely.
I am going back for good.
I have sent a couple of boxes back by post, but it has cost me a fortune and they are things that I am really going to need until my other stuff arrives.

Whisky
well good luck to you..i envy you really. I know where i would rather be but i have to give it more time so they say
You could always ring the airline you are flying with and request more allowance. It worked for me on my way to OZ after 4 phonecalls. They agreed eventually to give me 10kg's more.

Good luck
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

i went back with quantas. when we were at airport, OH had a ticket, but didnt get the flight. i had excess baggage weight. i said since there is a wasted air ticket here cant i still use OH allowance. they said no and made me get everything out of suitcase to rewiegh which was really stressful given that a family of 4 were then going back as a family of 3
OH was in the queue with me and siad he would pretend to be getting on plane just to get suitcases on conveyourbelt, but they werent having it. they make no exceptions for anyone even if you phone in advance. the excess baggage cost wouldve been more than flight cost so i posted it in the end and binned some stuff which was a shame.
when do you fly whiskey?
best of luck
c xx
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Whisky
Excess baggage?? Leave the wife behind!!!

Seriously though, when we left using Singapore Airlines from Sydney, the tickets said 20Kg each, the check in desk said 25Kg and we were probably on 28Kg each and nothing was said. Just turn up making sure thate the kids are a fractious as possible - look hassled and they will prbbaly turn a blind eye!!
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 8:27 pm
jae
Just Joined

jae is an unknown quantity at this point

When we were returning to the UK we sent a few boxes through a courier company. We got everything else in our cases but ended up paying just as much for excess luggage than we did for the courier!!! We wished we'd sent more through the courier, it didnt go on the same flight as us but we were told when it would be in the UK (took a couple of days). Just had to pick it up from the airport (local to us anyway) at the customs office.

Not sure if they have this kind of service where you are but worth asking about.
We have been lucky and travelled with excess luggage and not had to pay but there have equally been times when we weren't so lucky!
Good luck,
Jae
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by chance to be
i went back with quantas. when we were at airport, OH had a ticket, but didnt get the flight. i had excess baggage weight. i said since there is a wasted air ticket here cant i still use OH allowance. they said no and made me get everything out of suitcase to rewiegh which was really stressful given that a family of 4 were then going back as a family of 3
OH was in the queue with me and siad he would pretend to be getting on plane just to get suitcases on conveyourbelt, but they werent having it. they make no exceptions for anyone even if you phone in advance. the excess baggage cost wouldve been more than flight cost so i posted it in the end and binned some stuff which was a shame.
when do you fly whiskey?
best of luck
c xx
I don't think I will risk it. It will be hell as it is, without having hassles at the airport.
To those who don't know me, I am going back alone. Came out as family of 3, so I really don't need any more stress right now as I am only just keeping sane through all this.
I will sent another box through the post.
Chance: Still waiting for the everything to go through on the restaurant. Should have gone through on the 16th October, but hey, their solicitor has goneaway on holiday.
I then have to arrange the dog and the furniture, but can't do anything till that money comes through.
I am hoping towards the end of November.

Whisky
Old Oct 24th 2006, 3:29 am
Just Joined

milligano is a jewel in the roughmilligano is a jewel in the roughmilligano is a jewel in the roughmilligano is a jewel in the rough

I don't think I will risk it. It will be hell as it is, without having hassles at the airport.
To those who don't know me, I am going back alone. Came out as family of 3, so I really don't need any more stress right now as I am only just keeping sane through all this.
Chance: Still waiting for the everything to go through on the restaurant. Should have gone through on the 16th October, but hey, their solicitor has goneaway on holiday.
I then have to arrange the dog and the furniture, but can't do anything till that money comes through.

Whisky
It depends who and the route you fly. If you can go through US then you are on the "piece" system - 2 pieces at 23kgs each. Much better than going East where you are only allowed 20kg on an economy ticket. They may allow you up to 28kg as was our experience with Emirates but coming back to NZ with them we were hammered for 270quid for excess baggage and we were only 6kgs over the 28kgs allowance! Go West!
Old Oct 24th 2006, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

Country Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the roughCountry Boy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by milligano
It depends who and the route you fly. If you can go through US then you are on the "piece" system - 2 pieces at 23kgs each. Much better than going East where you are only allowed 20kg on an economy ticket. They may allow you up to 28kg as was our experience with Emirates but coming back to NZ with them we were hammered for 270quid for excess baggage and we were only 6kgs over the 28kgs allowance! Go West!
Get in touch with the company called excessbaggage. Based all over Aus. Prices v. competitive and cheaper than what airlines would charge for errrr.. excess baggage.

They do a door to door servce or you have the option of having baggage stored at the receiving airport for free (Free for a limited time - usually 5/7 days).

CB
Old Oct 24th 2006, 12:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by milligano
Please check this if you use a US carrier...most have reduced the weight allowance and will levy extra charges if the luggage is only a pound or two over the limit.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Whiskey,
I've emailed singaporeairlines to ask about this today as i remember getting double with them on the way out so i thought it was worth a try. I'll let you know if i have any luck,
take care and good luck,
Michaela x
Old Oct 24th 2006, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mcmercer
Hi Whiskey,
I've emailed singaporeairlines to ask about this today as i remember getting double with them on the way out so i thought it was worth a try. I'll let you know if i have any luck,
take care and good luck,
Michaela x

Thanks Michaela, I will keep my fingers crossed.
Last week I sent a box by post and it cost $140. The weight was almost 7 kilos. It takes about a week to get there.

Whisky
Old Oct 25th 2006, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Excess Baggage going back

Whisky
So sorry to hear how things have turned out for you.
I would just like to say I wish you all the very best and admire you for being so brave it won't be easy but in time to come it will probably all work out and end up being the best thing you ever did.Good Luck Dreamaway.
Old Oct 25th 2006, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dreamaway 10
So sorry to hear how things have turned out for you.
I would just like to say I wish you all the very best and admire you for being so brave it won't be easy but in time to come it will probably all work out and end up being the best thing you ever did.Good Luck Dreamaway.

Thanks Dreamaway, trying to stay positive

Whisky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.