Wikiposts

Ex Husband's consent

Old Sep 10th 2018, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Klix is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ex Husband's consent

Hi Folks,

I am about to move my Wife and three step kids back to the UK. She has it written in her divorce papers that the father of one of the kids has stated that he allows his child to move to and remain in the UK. he has also agreed to sign a letter to that effect that is to be notarized. I would like your opinion of the two sample letters and if you have any other advice on what we should include:

I <father>, biological Father of <child> agree and consent to the following:

In accordance with our officially recognised divorce settlement it is our wish that <child> be allowed to move with his Mother and two siblings to live and remain in the UK. Our divorce plan was agreed by both parties with this expressly in mind.

As evidence of this the divorce decree is attached along the visa application for your review. The divorce decree has been signed by both parties, witnessed and signed by a judge of the US court system.

It is my firm belief that it is in <child> best interest to be able to remain with his Mother and siblings for his continued well being and future growth.

or

I <father>, biological Father of <child> wish for my son <child> to move to England, and live there with his mother, half sisters, and stepfather. He has been emotionally and financially reliant on his mother since the day he was born. I therefore wish for him to stay with her and his siblings.

Further to this, and as attached to the application, I have agreed in a written statement in our divorce documentation that I wish for <child> to move with his Mother and siblings to the UK. This has been agreed and signed by both parties and officially recognised by a US officer of the court.

------

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex Husband's consent

Originally Posted by Klix
Hi Folks,

I am about to move my Wife and three step kids back to the UK. She has it written in her divorce papers that the father of one of the kids has stated that he allows his child to move to and remain in the UK. he has also agreed to sign a letter to that effect that is to be notarized. I would like your opinion of the two sample letters and if you have any other advice on what we should include:

I <father>, biological Father of <child> agree and consent to the following:

In accordance with our officially recognised divorce settlement it is our wish that <child> be allowed to move with his Mother and two siblings to live and remain in the UK. Our divorce plan was agreed by both parties with this expressly in mind.

As evidence of this the divorce decree is attached along the visa application for your review. The divorce decree has been signed by both parties, witnessed and signed by a judge of the US court system.

It is my firm belief that it is in <child> best interest to be able to remain with his Mother and siblings for his continued well being and future growth.

or

I <father>, biological Father of <child> wish for my son <child> to move to England, and live there with his mother, half sisters, and stepfather. He has been emotionally and financially reliant on his mother since the day he was born. I therefore wish for him to stay with her and his siblings.

Further to this, and as attached to the application, I have agreed in a written statement in our divorce documentation that I wish for <child> to move with his Mother and siblings to the UK. This has been agreed and signed by both parties and officially recognised by a US officer of the court.

------

Thanks in advance for any help.
You should do this through a lawyer. The risks of getting it wrong are too important to take a chance with a DIY approach.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 7:47 am
Just Joined

It will go to my Lawyer to review. We wanted to get the bare bones and sounding more human before it gets lawyer'ed.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 8:04 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If it’s already been agreed through the courts then an additional letter isn’t required.
Old Sep 10th 2018, 8:15 am
Just Joined

We are a little worried that they would be missed it in the divorce document among all the supporting documentation (the mountains of it) by the visa case worker.

so we were going to put the letter together with the legal representation letter and point them to it?

or maybe that is overkill?
Old Sep 10th 2018, 9:29 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Klix
We are a little worried that they would be missed it in the divorce document among all the supporting documentation (the mountains of it) by the visa case worker.

so we were going to put the letter together with the legal representation letter and point them to it?

or maybe that is overkill?
That’s overkill. I would refer to it in your covering letter. If you’re sending mountains then you’re probably sending too much.

Last edited by BritInParis; Sep 10th 2018 at 9:32 am.