Reload this Page >

evidence of financial requirements - bank letter

evidence of financial requirements - bank letter

Old Mar 12th 2015, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

ddaisy123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face evidence of financial requirements - bank letter

Hello,

My husband (non EU citizen) and I (British citizen) are hoping to move back to the UK in July, with him obtaining a visa to settle as my husband. As I understand it, luckily we qualify for the visa financial requirements because we have the relevant funds, as cash savings, as required in his/our current and savings accounts. My husband does not want to submit bank statements that show our living expenses (how much money we pay to the supermarket, bills, etc) and would prefer to submit a letter from our bank stating that we hold the sufficient funds (over 62,500GBP) and have held these funds for the last 6 months. Does anyone kindly have any experience on this matter? Will a bank letter be sufficient evidence?

Thank you
Old Mar 12th 2015, 4:05 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: evidence of financial requirements - bank letter

No it won't.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 4:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

They don't care about your outgoings, only your capital and/or income.
Old Mar 12th 2015, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I looked at your website londonelegance.com and found some useful information on there. There's just a sea of information out there and the bureaucracy involved in the visa application is thorough to the point where I want to cry and tear my hair out! I never imagined that it would be this complicated (it's not like this in the movies). I can't imagine how painful this process is for people who don't meet the strict criteria and don't have the finances. We will go with what we have and take it from there I guess.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute

It's plain ridiculous the way the whole immigration thing is dealt with in the film and television world. Whatever country a character wants to move to, they can do it without no need for a visa. In Friends Ross tells his new wife 'Just get on a plane to New York,' even though in reality, if she did that and said 'I've come to live here with my American husband' she would be denied entry and sent back on the next plane. Guess it didn't make a good story to have her wait 10 months for a visa. And we wonder why some people really think that anyone can live anywhere they want!

Another thing in soap/TV/filmland is that characters emigrate with nothing more than a rucksack lol!
Old Mar 13th 2015, 3:32 am
Forum Regular

Downton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond reputeDownton Gabby has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
No it won't.
I'm sure the OP found that very helpful.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

theoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond reputetheoldgit has a reputation beyond repute

The actual requirement is quoted here:
7.5. Cash savings – specified evidence
7.5.1. The evidence required for cash savings is specified in Appendix FM-SE:
11. In respect of cash savings the following must be provided:
(a) Personal bank statements showing that at least the level of cash savings relied upon in the application has been held in an account(s) in the names of the person and their partner jointly throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application.
(b) A declaration by the account holder(s) of the source(s) of the cash savings.

The full guidance is here:
Attached Files
Old Mar 13th 2015, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

As stated above, they are not concerned about your transactions, as long as you have held the required amount for at least the past six months and it never dips below that amount. Just a reminder too that statements must be originals or, if not, stamped by the bank (some banks are not willing to that) or accompanied by a letter from the bank confirming account details etc.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Okay, got it thanks all xx I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks!