Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Everyone's gone away again!

Everyone's gone away again!

Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:34 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Everyone's gone away again!

Originally Posted by Always21
It's always really hard after a visit. I hope you manage to get back into the swing of things over here and feel a bit happier. That's always how it has been for me. It's actually much worse now I've decided to move back because I just want to leave and every day here is a huge effort! Good luck deciding what you want to do; I know it seems like an impossible choice to make sometimes.
Yep, its going to be a hard choice indeed.
I got out here through the diversity lottery - the one time in my life that I beat overwhelming odds and now I'm just wishing that I'd won the lottery instead
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Just put the phone down from one of my Uk friends, she lives in a 4 bed house in Thatcham right on the banks of the River Avon, very picturesque. Her and her partner have very good jobs, both drive BMW's, great friends, in a nutshell they have very nice lives. Her biggest decision for the year is where to vacation this year. She just said that my life sounds more exciting than hers...what!! I live in dullesville in a 2 bed condo and drive a VW Beetle! My life constantly involves life changing decisions, like which country to live in, whether to buy property, upgrade car, start degree course..etc etc. But thats exactly the point I made on an earlier thread because I live in the US she perceives my life to be so glamorous. Give me normality in a curries store anyday
Old Jan 5th 2006, 9:53 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Just put the phone down from one of my Uk friends, she lives in a 4 bed house in Thatcham right on the banks of the River Avon, very picturesque. Her and her partner have very good jobs, both drive BMW's, great friends, in a nutshell they have very nice lives. Her biggest decision for the year is where to vacation this year. She just said that my life sounds more exciting than hers...what!! I live in dullesville in a 2 bed condo and drive a VW Beetle! My life constantly involves life changing decisions, like which country to live in, whether to buy property, upgrade car, start degree course..etc etc. But thats exactly the point I made on an earlier thread because I live in the US she perceives my life to be so glamorous. Give me normality in a curries store anyday
Don't suppose your mate fancies a job swap for a few months ???
Old Jan 5th 2006, 10:53 pm
Account Closed

Ladybird is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woodyinoz
Hi Ladybird

How are you feeling now? Is it getting a bit easier?

Saying Goodbye seems so final. Maybe think of it as a see you soon!

I still find it hard after 2 1/2 years and when you have no planned trip back it seems despairingly hard. Maybe a trip out of Adelaide may help? or a trip to the pub with a girlfriend?
Hi everyone,

No things have not got easier, they have got worse mainly due to the fact I had a fall just before new year which means I am now on crutches! (won't bore you with the details) And then our computer caught a virus and had to be wiped and re formated hence the late reply!

So I can now safely say after a crappy Christmas and New year things have got to get better from here right?

Athough I suppose after all the drama from the fall I didn't have time to be homesick! Its always there though, its just a matter of how close to the surface it is.

Ladybird.
Old Jan 6th 2006, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ladybird
Hi everyone,

No things have not got easier, they have got worse mainly due to the fact I had a fall just before new year which means I am now on crutches! (won't bore you with the details) And then our computer caught a virus and had to be wiped and re formated hence the late reply!

Ladybird.
never rains but it pours hey?!
i really hope things start to get sorted for you in this new year. please make sure you keep talking to people x
Old Jan 8th 2006, 3:08 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Ladybird
Well after a crappy Christmas (both kids and husband puking), my Mother and Father in law have just left on their way back to the uk, and just like last year I feel very alone, homesickness is just hiding around the corner ready to strike!
Looking forward to their visit was all that was keeping me going and now its over and Christmas was rubbish I just feel ****.

Over Christmas they kept asking, have I settled now, and I said I still wasn't settled but i'm not miserable here (at least not all the time!) and I stilll want to try and stay for the kids sake.

And as much as it was great to see them it didn't really help (and I know this sounds terrible) but it just wasn't Christmas because it wasn't my parents. Does that make any sense?

Not looking forward to the next few weeks.

Ladybird.
Maybe what you should do is think of all the things you do in OZ that you cant do in the UK...think about how much your life is different than it was before. Think about how you feel each day and if you feel happy with your current situation.

You say you are staying for the children, would they have such an awfully different life back in the UK? Its a horrid situation and awfully depressing when family or friends leave you to go home but it depends on how you feel about your life there in OZ?
Good luck