Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Everyone thinks I'm mad........

Everyone thinks I'm mad........

Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Heljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to beholdHeljinder is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Everyone thinks I'm mad........

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Not being from the UK and since being a member on here, one of the most enlightening things that I have read, is just how anti-british the aussies are but its even more suprising to read, just how many Brits that go to Aus and then they in turn become anti-British as well with their sentiments!!! It seems a lot need to run down the UK to justify that their new life in Aus is really wonderful. I wonder how many of these people actually really like their new lives in Aus
Totally agree with you Jules.
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:46 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stm1971

I wasn't as lucky as you, but at least I escaped. Probably didn't need to go half way round the world though
No, north Essex is gorgeous!! LOL
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
No, north Essex is gorgeous!! LOL
I can't deny that Flea, it certainly is.

I fancy a change from Essex though which is why we are looking at the other home counties. If OH's brother comes to OZ then we won't have any close family in Essex anyway so no reason to return there and all my family live in London.

We are free agents really, quite liberating in a way. A bit like when we came to Oz. Then everyone followed us!!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 11:58 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

I can't deny that Flea, it certainly is.

I fancy a change from Essex though which is why we are looking at the other home counties. If OH's brother comes to OZ then we won't have any close family in Essex anyway so no reason to return there and all my family live in London.

We are free agents really, quite liberating in a way. A bit like when we came to Oz. Then everyone followed us!!
Yeah, i know what you mean, but Essex is new to me as i dont come from there originally, i only went there for the first time when my daughter moved there 2yrs ago and fell in love with it.
We probably wont be living there long term either, as OH has got several job prospects and the best ones are in Sussex, but i do love northern Essex villages, this link below shows one of my faves..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/essex/content/i...allery.shtml?1

Homesick now after looking at those
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:00 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, i know what you mean, but Essex is new to me as i dont come from there originally, i only went there for the first time when my daughter moved there 2yrs ago and fell in love with it.
We probably wont be living there long term either, as OH has got several job prospects and the best ones are in Sussex, but i do love northern Essex villages, this link below shows one of my faves..

Whereabouts in Sussex have you decided on?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:03 am
I don't give a damn

Whereabouts in Sussex have you decided on?
Well, if the job pulls off, one of the villages within a few miles of Wadhurst
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Know Maldon quite well. Used to stay on a moored barge on the Blackwater on school trips many moons ago. Have a friend who lives there too, lovely place.

Sussex is nice too though, good luck with the jobs!
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:07 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if the job pulls off, one of the villages within a few miles of Wadhurst
Have you ever thought of seaside locations such as Eastbourne or Hastings because I`ve heard property prices in these places, are very good compared to the inland locations? Also I imagine they are within easy commuting distance to Wadhurst.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:09 am
I don't give a damn

Have you ever thought of seaside locations such as Eastbourne or Hastings because I`ve heard property prices in these places, are very good compared to the inland locations? Also I imagine they are within easy commuting distance to Wadhurst.
Yeah, we wouldnt mind those places, but need to be further inland as we dont want to be too far in travelling distance to my daughter in Essex. My little grandaughter is disabled and we want to be able to help out and see them quite often. No more than 30mins from M25 is where we need to be
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:10 am
I don't give a damn

Know Maldon quite well. Used to stay on a moored barge on the Blackwater on school trips many moons ago. Have a friend who lives there too, lovely place.

Sussex is nice too though, good luck with the jobs!
U too!

Where in Surrey would you be?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:13 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Yeah, we wouldnt mind those places, but need to be further inland as we dont want to be too far in travelling distance to my daughter in Essex. My little grandaughter is disabled and we want to be able to help out and see them quite often. No more than 30mins from M25 is where we need to be
Ah ok and the reason that I mentioned them and especially in the case of Hastings, is that I was shocked at what you can get there for your money in relation to other parts of Sussex.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

U too!

Where in Surrey would you be?
Probably Guildford or Farnham, or one of the larger villages. Maybe even just over Hampshire border. Depends on jobs and schools really. Still researching the good schools, quite a few to choose from luckily.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah ok and the reason that I mentioned them and especially in the case of Hastings, is that I was shocked at what you can get there for your money in relation to other parts of Sussex.
Maybe I need to look at Sussex too! I'm all for getting more for my money.
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:18 am
I don't give a damn

When he goes for his interview, we intend to have a good look around the area for a couple of days and stay in a holiday caravan near Hastings so i will report on how i find it.

Have you been looking at moving there then?
Old Mar 16th 2009, 12:26 am
I don't give a damn

Some glorious pics of East Sussex

*sigh*

http://www.picturesofengland.com/Eng...ctures/1082405

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.