The Euros

Old Jun 9th 2012, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all
Default Re: The Euros

Good coverage so far, I think. Nice HD pic on ESPN and commentary fine, esp. Dark and Macca. Annoyed that the Five Live commentary cut out for international users, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

Anyone else attach England flags to their car?
Old Jun 9th 2012, 3:46 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goodacre
Good coverage so far, I think. Nice HD pic on ESPN and commentary fine, esp. Dark and Macca...
The commentary was horrid, it was even worse in between play with the studio pundits. Ballack? Charisma of a wet fart and he was probably the best of the three.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 8:01 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Good coverage so far, I think. Nice HD pic on ESPN and commentary fine, esp. Dark and Macca. Annoyed that the Five Live commentary cut out for international users, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

Anyone else attach England flags to their car?
I stuck the England flag up on the outside of the house this week. It should be up for three games.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESPN coverage

Well done to ESPN is all I can say.

They have pretty much every game live on ESPN or ESPN2 as far as I can see, including the HD channels, and free streaming on espn.com, so that makes it easy to catch the games at work etc.

I was thinking that I was going to have to VPN back to the UK for BBC/ITV coverage, or maybe radio 5 live, but the ESPN coverage is pretty good.

I hope it continues throughout the tournament and is not just for the group stages.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

They have pretty much every game live on ESPN or ESPN2 as far as I can see, including the HD channels, and free streaming on espn.com, so that makes it easy to catch the games at work etc.

I was thinking that I was going to have to VPN back to the UK for BBC/ITV coverage, or maybe radio 5 live, but the ESPN coverage is pretty good.

I hope it continues throughout the tournament and is not just for the group stages.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Very pleasant surprise to have the showing everything, and in HD too.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 6:52 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking. Very pleasant surprise to have the showing everything, and in HD too.
Yeah, if only they could have someone other than Ballak and Lalas as pundits, they're really rubbish.

Coverage has been really good though....so glad I don't have to rely on dodgy internet streams as we don't have Fox Soccer.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Yeah, if only they could have someone other than Ballak and Lalas as pundits, they're really rubbish.
Be careful what you wish for. Tommy Smyth has just turned up of the Irish game. At least he isn't doing the colour commentary.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 9:20 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by cluedweasel
Be careful what you wish for. Tommy Smyth has just turned up of the Irish game. At least he isn't doing the colour commentary.
They were really bad today....Thought Keller? He was better.

One thing that is a bit annoying about the ESPN coverage, they're shit at doing replays, they either don't show anything for ages, or just show random shit.

They didn't show that cool bit of play by knob head who kept the ball in with the back heal but did show some rubbish shot on goal. Just about every match the replaying has been terrible.

Oh and what's with no one giving the Irish stick for really bad sportmanship when that player was down and they kept on playing? Sure they had to right to, as they kept on going, but you know just as well as anyone how much stick anyone else would have gotten for it.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

redarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of lightredarmy990 is a glorious beacon of light

hey bob, the irish were playing to the laws of the game as set up by fifa and uefa.
if every team did the same it would soon stop the over the top reactions of the opposition players.

the refs in charge not some egotistical pre maddona who throws himself on the floor cause he lost the ball.

and talking of players feining injury and rolling aroud i wonder if that italian who rolled over 8 times when he fell, had to be taken to intensive care after all the pain of those tattoes he had all down his arms
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:03 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36

Make sure you sync your account for remote access before you leave home though. I had no watching the matches over the weekend on ESPN3.com but now I'm at work it asks for my ISP etc, then I have to login to ESPN and it tells me to go home and sync. Wish they'd suggested that before letting me leave for work.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:29 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Make sure you sync your account for remote access before you leave home though. I had no watching the matches over the weekend on ESPN3.com but now I'm at work it asks for my ISP etc, then I have to login to ESPN and it tells me to go home and sync. Wish they'd suggested that before letting me leave for work.
I just got asked to log in on a couple of devices, does this mean you can now get access even when not on a comcast connection by logging in? Do you know what you do to sync?

edit: Whoo Hoo
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Spoiler:
1-0!

Last edited by Bob; Jun 11th 2012 at 4:55 pm. Reason: tags
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:52 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I just got asked to log in on a couple of devices, does this mean you can now get access even when not on a comcast connection by logging in? Do you know what you do to sync?

edit: Whoo Hoo
I assume so, though the screen you get presented with changes dependent on what ISP you select. I'm with Mediacom and all I got told to do was sync when I get home so I guess I'll have to wait until then to figure it out.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 4:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by redarmy990
hey bob, the irish were playing to the laws of the game as set up by fifa and uefa.
if every team did the same it would soon stop the over the top reactions of the opposition players.

the refs in charge not some egotistical pre maddona who throws himself on the floor cause he lost the ball.

and talking of players feining injury and rolling aroud i wonder if that italian who rolled over 8 times when he fell, had to be taken to intensive care after all the pain of those tattoes he had all down his arms
Ireland were shit though.
Old Jun 11th 2012, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Peter525839 will become famous soon enoughPeter525839 will become famous soon enough

Watched all the games so far well 50%. I dvr them all, ffwd through first half and watch highlights and then watch all second half.
Why anyone would listen to the pundits is beyond me. The commentators are good but maybe not Foxsoccer standard who opf course get the Sky broadcasts
I also notice a difference in the HD quality. seems crisper than Fox soccer
I have zero complaints really as I suffered in the wilderness here from 1980 to late 90s when none of thuis was broadcast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.