The Euros

Old Jun 16th 2012, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Euros

Originally Posted by Bob
It, along with the tele was well shakey on Fios today, which was weird.

The weather in the Ukraine match was a cracker though wasn't it
Why are they showing both games at the same time today???
Old Jun 16th 2012, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
It, along with the tele was well shakey on Fios today, which was weird.

The weather in the Ukraine match was a cracker though wasn't it
Local area problem? No probs at all with it on Fios down here.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 9:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
All the final group games are like that. It's so they won't know if they have anything to play for till the end.

Makes it more exciting if you know you are still in with a shot when you win your match without already knowing that you're out because of the other result, sort of thing.

Don't make it easy to watch.

Originally Posted by Dan725
Local area problem? No probs at all with it on Fios down here.

It must be. ESPN1 was without video for about 10 mins there and when you start the online stream, it always starts out really rubbish and low quality, takes a good 5 minutes before it ramps up to really good quality.

Lucky not to have missed anything, but still, tad annoying.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 12:06 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
To expand on Bobs reply

The reason they play the games at the same time, goes back to:
World Cup 1982 West Germany v Austria
A narrow win for Germany saw both teams advance, draw or Austrian win and Germany were out, a big win and Austria were out. Germany scored after 10 minutes and then for the next 80 minutes the two teams just passed the ball around.
Both teams knew what they needed because Algeria finished their games and were on four points the day before. Algeria were really stuck with it in the group having beaten Germany in the first game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Ge...ria_%281982%29

Last edited by kimilseung; Jun 18th 2012 at 12:12 am.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 2:22 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
To expand on Bobs reply

The reason they play the games at the same time, goes back to:
World Cup 1982 West Germany v Austria
A narrow win for Germany saw both teams advance, draw or Austrian win and Germany were out, a big win and Austria were out. Germany scored after 10 minutes and then for the next 80 minutes the two teams just passed the ball around.
Both teams knew what they needed because Algeria finished their games and were on four points the day before. Algeria were really stuck with it in the group having beaten Germany in the first game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Ge...ria_%281982%29
Ah ha....now I understand. Thank you
Old Jun 19th 2012, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

into_thewild is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyway, I boldly predict a bore draw tonight, with Rooney's return being a massive let down.
Any thought?
Old Jun 19th 2012, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

I will take a draw, although that would mean playing Spain. Would rather take on Italy to be honest, even though England beat Spain just last year.

To be honest the next round is where it ends for England. Can't see us beating etiher Spain or Italy....
Old Jun 19th 2012, 1:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Windolow
Anyway, I boldly predict a bore draw tonight, with Rooney's return being a massive let down.
Any thought?
He needs to be kept in his cave, come on as a sub if must.

We need a win, just because I've got shit to do on Saturday and don't want to have to watch a DVR :/

Spain haven't really looked that great though. Loads of lovely possession and passing, but the defense has been beaten a fair bit and only their keeper keeping them from being battered.

Still, rather face Italy first.
Old Jun 19th 2012, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

Ukraine are freely available at 3/1 today. A cracking price for a team who are no mugs, are at home & have to win.

Now if only I could easily pop down the bookies...
Old Jun 19th 2012, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bob
He needs to be kept in his cave, come on as a sub if must.

We need a win, just because I've got shit to do on Saturday and don't want to have to watch a DVR :/

Spain haven't really looked that great though. Loads of lovely possession and passing, but the defense has been beaten a fair bit and only their keeper keeping them from being battered.

Still, rather face Italy first.
I don't define what Spain do as lovely. I find it to be the single most boring way to play football, call me a heathen but I think I would rather see route 1 football that a million passes to gain 20yds...
Old Jun 19th 2012, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

cluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond reputecluedweasel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njmackem
I don't define what Spain do as lovely. I find it to be the single most boring way to play football, call me a heathen but I think I would rather see route 1 football that a million passes to gain 20yds...
I would love to see Spain play the Leeds side of the Revie era. We'd see how many passes the buggers could put together then
Old Jun 23rd 2012, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njmackem
More of the same just now - but it certainly seems to be working for them....