The Euros

Old Jun 12th 2012, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Euros

Originally Posted by Bob
The commentary was horrid, it was even worse in between play with the studio pundits. Ballack? Charisma of a wet fart and he was probably the best of the three.
I'm pretty happy with Darke and McManaman - ESPN is obviously sticking with their strategy learned from the World Cup 2010. I agree the studio commentary is a bit cheesy though. Yep, Ballack isn't the most charismatic of people but at least he serves to keep the other two in check!

Looking forward to Friday...
Old Jun 13th 2012, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESPN coverage

Originally Posted by SpoogleDrummer
Make sure you sync your account for remote access before you leave home though. I had no watching the matches over the weekend on ESPN3.com but now I'm at work it asks for my ISP etc, then I have to login to ESPN and it tells me to go home and sync. Wish they'd suggested that before letting me leave for work.
What? I just go to espn.com at work and start watching.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 2:40 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ESPN coverage

Originally Posted by BritishGuy36
What? I just go to espn.com at work and start watching.
Who is your work internet provider? If it's comcast you can watch it anyway.
Old Jun 13th 2012, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that explains it then, I just got lucky.

So Comcast is useful for SOMETHING .....
Old Jun 13th 2012, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

into_thewild is an unknown quantity at this point

Talking about punditry eh? I've waded in quite late here, but the standard of it in the UK (particularly the BBC is shocking. When Denmark were playing Holland their panel could only name three Danish players. This is an old article, but hits the nail on the head: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/tom-en...lting-1-813206
Old Jun 13th 2012, 4:02 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

I guess that explains it then, I just got lucky.

So Comcast is useful for SOMETHING .....
Haha, right?! Is it wrong that I haven't told any of my employees about this benefit, but have the games on in the background so I can check the scores...
To be fair, I'm the only footy fan in the office so I didn't feel the need to divulge this information.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 2:57 pm
Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Sheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond reputeSheepdip has a reputation beyond repute

Looking forward to today's game but it will be the first watched from a US broadcaster (having been tapping into the UK channels up to now). Not quite sure what to expect!
Old Jun 15th 2012, 3:26 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheepdip
Looking forward to today's game but it will be the first watched from a US broadcaster (having been tapping into the UK channels up to now). Not quite sure what to expect!
It's gotten better, it really has! The first couple of matches were pretty cringy compared to the last few...

What might be a bit annoying will be the last set of matches, all on at the same time, so one match on tele, the other on the laptop via espn.go.com me thinks
Old Jun 15th 2012, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

osgood will become famous soon enoughosgood will become famous soon enough

For those watching on espn 3...you can watch both games played at the same time(2.45p.m.).If you go to bottom of screen and use split screen,..also during the game if you want to see replay's..Bottom of screen are black arrow's.for each replay.....
Old Jun 15th 2012, 4:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by osgood
For those watching on espn 3...you can watch both games played at the same time(2.45p.m.).If you go to bottom of screen and use split screen,..also during the game if you want to see replay's..Bottom of screen are black arrow's.for each replay.....
Ohhh...

Saying that, I've never got the split screen to work for some reason, which is annoying as it shouldn't look that shit on a 65" tele.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 5:06 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I just returned from painting the living room, and its started again, but 5 minutes on the clock, hadn't they played more than that? Is that right? or is ESPN just reset the clock? they couldn't start from 0 as it was not abandoned, right?

edit: never mind, it was 5 minutes played before the stop.

Last edited by kimilseung; Jun 15th 2012 at 5:13 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:21 pm
Rootbeeraholic

France vs Ukraine score @ 67 mins
Spoiler:
2-0 France
Old Jun 15th 2012, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

So, todays Sweden vs England game was decent...

Spoiler:
Old Jun 15th 2012, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yeah it was an end-to-end game, with a nice result.

Pleased all round, and ESPN's stream over Comcast was flawless once again.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 11:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Pleased all round, and ESPN's stream over Comcast was flawless once again.
It, along with the tele was well shakey on Fios today, which was weird.

The weather in the Ukraine match was a cracker though wasn't it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.