Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

EU - Will they lose their identities?

EU - Will they lose their identities?

Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:03 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice
Default Re: EU - Will they lose their identities?

Originally Posted by Michaelmike5556
I kinda see this happen but not just with the EU this will happen all over the globe i would bet a large sum of cash that there will be some kind of Transatlantic free trade area Between the Nafta Nations and EU some kind a of freedom of movement soon too .

I'm 23 and maybe its cause i grew up watching to much star Trek but i honest believe i will see the day before i die when the world is a unified economy and you can cross any boarder with out a passport maybe even a single currency .

allot of what is happening in the EU will start to happen with more and more regions of the world .
Have you seen Elvira for your spanking yet?

I don't know about a global unified economy - I foresee many many wars fought before then.......
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
Have you seen Elvira for your spanking yet?

I don't know about a global unified economy - I foresee many many wars fought before then.......
I do remember hearing the discussions to the effect "Oh, they'll NEVER let Germany reunite again...." And then....

lol don't tell him about Elvira and spankings.... he'll get all excited then...
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:30 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tracym
I do remember hearing the discussions to the effect "Oh, they'll NEVER let Germany reunite again...." And then....

lol don't tell him about Elvira and spankings.... he'll get all excited then...
I sent him for a spanking last week because he was a bad boy.......
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redlippie
I sent him for a spanking last week because he was a bad boy.......
Now come on, you know you want to do it yourself
Old Dec 1st 2007, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by Tracym
Now come on, you know you want to do it yourself
I've made a decision to stop all my slapper posts, so get behind me.....
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Brit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really nice

Most Americans are opposed to a North American Union - let alone a whole New World Order. When I lived there, I'll never forget one of my gun-toting neighbours (he had some great guns) saying that if he ever saw a Chinese, European or African in some kind of uniform strutting around on U.S. territory he would open fire and ask questions later. No, he wasn't joking.

Many Americans are far too patriotic to ever go along with the idea of surrendering large chunks of US sovereignty to a supra-national organisation. Many Brits feel the same way (notice how the Labour governments have reneged on their promise to hold a referendum?), but unlike many Americans we lack arms and the willingness to use them. Our country will be taken from under our noses (already happening) and it's all we deserve quite frankly.

I actually admire the Americans more in this case...
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 12:24 pm
In yonder hills

britex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond reputebritex01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit_far_from_home
Many Americans are far too patriotic to ever go along with the idea of surrendering large chunks of US sovereignty to a supra-national organisation. Many Brits feel the same way (notice how the Labour governments have reneged on their promise to hold a referendum?)
I, too, can't envision a melding of the world's populace across the globe, largely because the cultivation of mind and manners throughout the centuries (customs, heritage, lifestyle and so on) are vast worlds apart. Moreover, the primitive and savage are still stereotypical in huge areas of the globe.

It would take the intervention of a global miracle to balance the scales in such a way as to bring about a New World Order. It's not all to do with some faceless economy.

---

Last edited by britex01; Dec 2nd 2007 at 12:29 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose i am in the minority here, but here goes, when the wall came down in Germany a great change was seen.. the one that had a lot of impact was the economic one. Unemployment at its highest.. They say if ur over 40 and unemployed u will never work again. I have many many friends that are experiencing it.

With the opening of the borders, and becoming "one" more competition in the work force its all happened so quick and so many people are not prepared for the change that they are suffering. The euro coming in the prices just shot upwards.... its got tough and i for one am glad for the moment that I am on this side of the atlantic and not that one.

Culture wise, i think each country has thier own and its remaining.. I am not sure how long england can hold out though not implimenting the euro...

good thread tracy..
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:17 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
I suppose i am in the minority here, but here goes, when the wall came down in Germany a great change was seen.. the one that had a lot of impact was the economic one. Unemployment at its highest.. They say if ur over 40 and unemployed u will never work again. I have many many friends that are experiencing it.

With the opening of the borders, and becoming "one" more competition in the work force its all happened so quick and so many people are not prepared for the change that they are suffering. The euro coming in the prices just shot upwards.... its got tough and i for one am glad for the moment that I am on this side of the atlantic and not that one.

Culture wise, i think each country has thier own and its remaining.. I am not sure how long england can hold out though not implimenting the euro...

good thread tracy..
Very good post. If there's one thing the last couple of decades reveals, its that anything can happen - despite national identities.

Personally, I think anything is possible in the next 10 or 15 years. In Europe, in the US. This is not necessarily good news!
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:22 pm
Just Joined

Brit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really niceBrit_far_from_home is just really nice

Originally Posted by Xebedee

Personally, I think anything is possible in the next 10 or 15 years.
Well it better not involve Chinese soldiers wearing blue UN helmets patrolling the Tex-Mex border or one extremely pissed off "patriot" will be opening fire:curse:
Old Dec 2nd 2007, 2:30 pm
gurt mint nit?

Xebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond reputeXebedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brit_far_from_home
Well it better not involve Chinese soldiers wearing blue UN helmets patrolling the Tex-Mex border or one extremely pissed off "patriot" will be opening fire:curse:
Oh, you like Coast-to-Coast am as well do you?