Enjoy it while you can?

Old May 23rd 2007, 5:38 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Enjoy it while you can?

People keep saying to me "You are going home so why can't you just enjoy the next 16 months here while you can?"

I'm a bit confused over this statement. Enjoy what exactly huh?

1) Enjoy the fact that I'm sat here bloody freezing most days because it's too expensive to put the heating on?
2) Enjoy the scenery? What scenery? I live in colourbond city for petes sake!
3) Enjoy your social life? What social life? Hubby works 4 weekends on his shift rota then very often works overtime to enable us to afford to live (but not put the heating on!) on his "off" weekends.
4) Enjoy Perth. Erm....which bit exactly? Been up north, been down south. Not much to see in my opinion at either end. If we have to do Hillarys again this year I'll scream. Done the other sightseeing things to death too.

God I'm bored. been stuck in the house for days because littluns sick. I'm going oot mi tree!! Gives me way too much time to think, plot and plan too, to the point of obsession! I've been e-mailing schools in Devon today! Talk about forward planning!
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:42 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Enjoy it while you can?

Originally Posted by TraceyW
People keep saying to me "You are going home so why can't you just enjoy the next 16 months here while you can?"

I'm a bit confused over this statement. Enjoy what exactly huh?

1) Enjoy the fact that I'm sat here bloody freezing most days because it's too expensive to put the heating on?
2) Enjoy the scenery? What scenery? I live in colourbond city for petes sake!
3) Enjoy your social life? What social life? Hubby works 4 weekends on his shift rota then very often works overtime to enable us to afford to live (but not put the heating on!) on his "off" weekends.
4) Enjoy Perth. Erm....which bit exactly? Been up north, been down south. Not much to see in my opinion at either end. If we have to do Hillarys again this year I'll scream. Done the other sightseeing things to death too.

God I'm bored. been stuck in the house for days because littluns sick. I'm going oot mi tree!! Gives me way too much time to think, plot and plan too, to the point of obsession! I've been e-mailing schools in Devon today! Talk about forward planning!
is your brain in my head.
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:52 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

If i knew i had a date for going home i dont think i would be so down but enjoying it , thats going a bit far enjoy what exactly???

Kezx
Old May 23rd 2007, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

I sit here plotting and planning, just been to Target and bought the kids a really lovely chunky coat each for going "home". mind you with this bloody weather they will be wearing them here as well
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulrachel
is your brain in my head.
My brain is supposed to be revising for exams but all I'm thinking about is going home.

I don't even want to go to Brissy now. Can't see the point. Don't want to live there. As Kath said "Not happy here, doubt if I'll be happy there". Just wishing my life away and crossing each day off until this time next year when I'll be putting the house on the market and booking flights HOME!!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kath & Graham
I sit here plotting and planning, just been to Target and bought the kids a really lovely chunky coat each for going "home". mind you with this bloody weather they will be wearing them here as well
We sit every night under fleecy blankets. Pathetic I know. the heating goes on for a couple of hours but then we have to switch it off 'cos we know the bill will be horrendous if we don't.

Our two last leccy bills totaled $800. Can't afford another one like that.
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:13 am
Account Closed

We sit every night under fleecy blankets. Pathetic I know. the heating goes on for a couple of hours but then we have to switch it off 'cos we know the bill will be horrendous if we don't.

Mine have been alot too. $290 for 4 weeks supply

I thought i paid alot in UK at 280pounds a quarter in winter. Bloody joke over here
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

bloody hell, you got the whole of Tapping using your leccy!
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
bloody hell, you got the whole of Tapping using your leccy!
I know!!! The two summer bills; first one was $410 the second was $380ish. That's what it costs to cool the house using this reverse cycle contraption and clean the pool!
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulrachel
Mine have been alot too. $290 for 4 weeks supply

I thought i paid alot in UK at 280pounds a quarter in winter. Bloody joke over here

The thing is, in the UK you know your bills will be high in the winter for gas/leccy but low in the summer. Here it's just bloody high all of the time!
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:23 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

I know!!! The two summer bills; first one was $410 the second was $380ish. That's what it costs to cool the house using this reverse cycle contraption and clean the pool!
I thought mine were high but that is ridiculous. We are quite lucky our house doesn't seem to get too hot or cold.
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is, in the UK you know your bills will be high in the winter for gas/leccy but low in the summer. Here it's just bloody high all of the time!
You need a gas fire love

Jo
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by clougherty family
You need a gas fire love

Jo
OI you, stop rubbing it in
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by clougherty family
You need a gas fire love

Jo

Hey...go crawl back into your hole woman!!!!!!!
Old May 23rd 2007, 6:34 am
BE Enthusiast

clougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond reputeclougherty family has a reputation beyond repute

Hey...go crawl back into your hole woman!!!!!!!
No, I mean it! Wasn't being sarky. We had a gas fire in our house because we had evaporative air con. It was ugly, but it heated the front room ok. Mind you, we also had a massive fur blanket from K Mart!!

JO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.