Reload this Page >

England's Mental Health Crisis

Wikiposts

England's Mental Health Crisis

Old Oct 2nd 2010, 1:12 pm
Banned

Henry Higgins is an unknown quantity at this point
Default England's Mental Health Crisis

There has been a shocking increase in the number of people with mental health problems in England. What could this be due to?

Britain's £100bn mental health crisis:

’Mental illness in England cost the nation more than £100bn last year, highlighting some of the most serious emotional and psychological problems in Europe. More than £21bn was spent on such health treatments as antidepressants and social care such as befriending services, an increase of 75 per cent since 2003.
Experts warned that the figure is likely to rise as government cuts to public services start to have an impact. The statistics, released today by the Centre for Mental Health, show mental health-related sick leave and unemployment cost the economy more than £30bn. The true impact is likely to be much higher, as the costs of underperformance and poor productivity are not included.'--Independent online.

Last edited by Henry Higgins; Oct 2nd 2010 at 1:15 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 1:35 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: England's Mental Health Crisis

Originally Posted by Henry Higgins
There has been a shocking increase in the number of people with mental health problems in England. What could this be due to?

Britain's £100bn mental health crisis:

’Mental illness in England cost the nation more than £100bn last year, highlighting some of the most serious emotional and psychological problems in Europe. More than £21bn was spent on such health treatments as antidepressants and social care such as befriending services, an increase of 75 per cent since 2003.
Experts warned that the figure is likely to rise as government cuts to public services start to have an impact. The statistics, released today by the Centre for Mental Health, show mental health-related sick leave and unemployment cost the economy more than £30bn. The true impact is likely to be much higher, as the costs of underperformance and poor productivity are not included.'--Independent online.

This report could have been filed anywhere in the western world. We've had the worst global economic crisis since the 1920s. Tens of thousands of US citizens are living in tent cities. Is it really a mystery as to why people are depressed?

Last edited by sallysimmons; Oct 2nd 2010 at 1:38 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 1:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Link please? Where is this information from?

Before we react, it's good to know the source.
The statistics were released today by the Centre for Mental Health, and the story appeared in the Independent Online Newspaper:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...s-2096372.html
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 2:49 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

OK Henry we get that you really don't want to move back, so don't go. I don't get why you are posting all this stuff.
Here in California I think the numbers for people going through mental health crisis will be worse, only most won't be counted seeing they have no insurance and won't be seen by anyone so will self medicate with alcohol or illegal drugs or just wallow away in a relatives back bedroom.
How wonderful that all those poor people living in the UK get to see a mental health professional if they want.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 3:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Clueless tit
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

sally redux, i don't think many of us could have said it any better. touche..
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:12 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Clueless tit
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 5:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
OK Henry we get that you really don't want to move back, so don't go. I don't get why you are posting all this stuff.
Here in California I think the numbers for people going through mental health crisis will be worse, only most won't be counted seeing they have no insurance and won't be seen by anyone so will self medicate with alcohol or illegal drugs or just wallow away in a relatives back bedroom.
How wonderful that all those poor people living in the UK get to see a mental health professional if they want.
You could say I am playing the Devil's Advocate. Posting socially important issues that affect most people, so as to get a reaction, comment. I am not trolling or do I not want to go back to Blighty, but what I do want is people's opinion on important social issues.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I think mental health is the flavour of the month in pretty much any first world country at the moment - probably because they dont have any other health issues to be worrying about. Australia is right up there as world leaders with suicide especially.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 7:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
I think mental health is the flavour of the month in pretty much any first world country at the moment - probably because they dont have any other health issues to be worrying about. Australia is right up there as world leaders with suicide especially.
Ironically, given that Henry claims to live there, one of the countries with the highest suicide rate is Japan.

Strange that he should choose this subject to troll given the dire state of mental health in his own adopted country

http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-b...0100610a2.html
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 10:22 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

You could say I am playing the Devil's Advocate.
Or alternatively you could say that you are getting your jollies from deliberately riling people, aka trolling. You probably think you are doing something clever, innovative, unique, original.

Those of us who have been on this site for more than a few days and have posted/responded to more than a handful of posts recognize the pattern we've seen countless times over the years. We realise that after a few more days or weeks of failing to get a rise out of people, you'll either see sense and understand what this site is all about or will disappear into the ether and we won't see you again. Either of these would be a satisfactory outcome.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 10:43 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dunroving
Or alternatively you could say that you are getting your jollies from deliberately riling people, aka trolling. You probably think you are doing something clever, innovative, unique, original.

Those of us who have been on this site for more than a few days and have posted/responded to more than a handful of posts recognize the pattern we've seen countless times over the years. We realise that after a few more days or weeks of failing to get a rise out of people, you'll either see sense and understand what this site is all about or will disappear into the ether and we won't see you again. Either of these would be a satisfactory outcome.
So, you have no comment, opinion regarding the Mental Health Crisis in England, except to call the poster posing the question, topic a troll. I see
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 11:09 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

So, you have no comment, opinion regarding the Mental Health Crisis in England, except to call the poster posing the question, topic a troll. I see
You're not paying attention.
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

With respect Henry you need to get out more.

Life in a capsule home or hotel must be hellishly claustrophobic .
Old Oct 2nd 2010, 11:26 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Henry, my advice to you would be to skip the UK and move to China. Reading the papers there on my last visit recently I noticed that they had no mental health problems, no poverty, the government personnel were honest and reliable and the population very happy and healthy. It must be an amazing place to live in judging by the publicly available data. I'm sure you would be very happy there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.