Emergency UK Visa

Old May 9th 2018, 9:56 am
Just Joined

JahLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emergency UK Visa

Hi

my sister passed away early this morning. I'm in Zimbabwe need to travel urgently to be with my family. Is there any emergency visa or special request and what documents do I need.

thank you
Old May 9th 2018, 10:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emergency UK Visa

Originally Posted by JahLove
Hi

my sister passed away early this morning. I'm in Zimbabwe need to travel urgently to be with my family. Is there any emergency visa or special request and what documents do I need.

thank you
Are you a British citizen? Do you have a British passport? If not, what passport/nationality do you have?
Old May 9th 2018, 11:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

thank you
I can't help with the visa information, just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your sister. It's always a hard time, but even more difficult when you live far away. Best of luck.
Old May 9th 2018, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Are you a British citizen? Do you have a British passport? If not, what passport/nationality do you have?
I'm Zimbabwean. I don't have a British passport. I used to live and work in the UK with indefinite leave to remain but that was 3 years ago. So it's no longer valid.
Old May 9th 2018, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I can't help with the visa information, just wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your sister. It's always a hard time, but even more difficult when you live far away. Best of luck.
Thank you for taking the time to say those kind words.
Old May 9th 2018, 1:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm Zimbabwean. I don't have a British passport. I used to live and work in the UK with indefinite leave to remain but that was 3 years ago. So it's no longer valid.
Horrible situation for you, but I don't think there is such a thing as an Emergency UK visa. Hopefully if there s someone will come by with the details, but I've certainly never come across one.
Old May 9th 2018, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

Horrible situation for you, but I don't think there is such a thing as an Emergency UK visa. Hopefully if there s someone will come by with the details, but I've certainly never come across one.
ok thank you for responding
Old May 9th 2018, 1:53 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately you will need to apply for a visitor visa in the normal method.

See here for processing times:

https://visa-processingtimes.homeoff...sits-visas/all
Old May 9th 2018, 2:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

If the OP became a British Citizen before returning to Zimbabwe, then he will not face this problem today.
Old May 10th 2018, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Benson55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear you poor guy so sorry to hear seems you can apply for a tourist visa and stress the urgency but otherwise you are out of luck.
Old May 11th 2018, 6:11 am
Just Joined

I applied for the tourist visa. Paid for the fast track five day service. It's been two days now. They promised to deal with it urgently so fingers crossed. The only comfort is that they haven't released her still doing an autopsy. So I hope I will make it.
Old May 11th 2018, 7:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HKG3
If the OP became a British Citizen before returning to Zimbabwe, then he will not face this problem today.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing however totally unhelpful to the very sad situation the OP has found themselves in. Huge sympathies Jahlove, hope you get to the UK quickly.
Old May 11th 2018, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Hindsight is a wonderful thing however totally unhelpful to the very sad situation the OP has found themselves in. Huge sympathies Jahlove, hope you get to the UK quickly.
I agree 100% but silly me thought indefinite meant indefinite. Only realised it wasn't so after 3 years of being away.
Old May 11th 2018, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
It may not be helpful for the OP. However, the OP's mistake acts as a warning to other ILR holders.