Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Elderly Dutch Parents Moving to the UK - Benefits??

Elderly Dutch Parents Moving to the UK - Benefits??

Old Dec 25th 2019, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

caevv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Elderly Dutch Parents Moving to the UK - Benefits??

I'll have my parents moving to the UK after all their children are living in the UK. They are Dutch national but have lived on a non-EEA country.
The country have no social security agreement with the UK, so they can't get UK pension.
I wonder which benefits they could be entitled to, they are 62 and 61 years old.
Many thanks.
Old Dec 26th 2019, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elderly Moving to the UK

Best to ask a professional "Welfare Rights Advisor". There should be a service in the area. Ask at local council or CAB.
Old Dec 26th 2019, 7:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Elderly Dutch Parents Moving to the UK - Benefits??

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles...n-uk-nationals

HTH.
Old Dec 30th 2019, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Dutch pension ?
https://www.netherlandsworldwide.nl/...ld-age-pension
Old Dec 30th 2019, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caevv
I'll have my parents moving to the UK after all their children are living in the UK. They are Dutch national but have lived on a non-EEA country.
The country have no social security agreement with the UK, so they can't get UK pension.
I wonder which benefits they could be entitled to, they are 62 and 61 years old.
Many thanks.
Support from the children may be?
Or pension from the country where they worked?
Old Dec 30th 2019, 5:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caevv
Many thanks.
Have a good read of the link Christmasoompa provided, also click on the link within that page that gives information regarding benefits to EU nationals after Brexit.

Have your parents accrued any Netherlands state pension rights, i.e. did they live or work in the Netherlands between the ages of 15 to date? If not, I don't see how they would be able to support themselves in retirement as they won't be eligible for a UK State pension nor for any UK working age benefits.

If your parents are entitled to a state/aged pension when they're of retirement age from the third country they now live in, then it doesn't make any different if that country doesn't have a social security agreement with the UK. Whether or not they could get that pension paid into a UK bank account depends on the law/regulations of that third country.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Dec 30th 2019 at 5:37 pm.
Old Jan 2nd 2020, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ask for advice in the Citizens Advice Bureau.