Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Education - cost & how do the kids cope with the change?

Wikiposts

Education - cost & how do the kids cope with the change?

Old Sep 27th 2009, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Education - cost & how do the kids cope with the change?

This is only hypothetical at the moment, but I´m mulling over whether we´ll end up back in blightly after a few years in Spain. How have others coped with the move both because of the cost implications of college/uni these days and/or their kids having been out of the British curriculum (maybe) for a while? And crucially, was the return good for them?
Old Sep 28th 2009, 10:08 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Education - cost & how do the kids cope with the change?

Originally Posted by fionamw
This is only hypothetical at the moment, but I´m mulling over whether we´ll end up back in blightly after a few years in Spain. How have others coped with the move both because of the cost implications of college/uni these days and/or their kids having been out of the British curriculum (maybe) for a while? And crucially, was the return good for them?
I'm mulling it over too. Let's hope we get some replies posted !!
Old Sep 28th 2009, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

I am also mulling.
Old Sep 28th 2009, 11:24 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
I am also mulling.
Mulled wine season will soon be upon us.

But I mull all year 'round...
Old Sep 28th 2009, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Mulled wine season will soon be upon us.

But I mull all year 'round...
Yep...we're spicy and improving with age
Old Sep 29th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

we lived in Spain for 6 years, in a small Spanish village, our son had no English friends, in fact the only time he spoke English was to us

Returned to UK when my son was 12

he has really coped fine, he settled well back into secondary school...and we are so proud of him because of course he didnt know anyone and has had to find his was into the "clicks" leaving his good friends in Spain

we have been back now 9 months, he has moments when he asks if we can go back to Spain but understands we wont......thats not to say he wont when he is old enough !!!

I think as with most things kids do adapt...its a lot easy for that age kids to come back rather than the other way (than going to Spain)

he still speaks Valenciano and Spanish and recently sat his GCSE with the 16 year olds, passed and got a grade A