Driving License

Old May 1st 2021, 12:44 am
Forum Regular

countrygirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driving License

I have a full paper license and need to change my address only. I am moving back to the UK next month and was wondering if anyone has any advice about whether I should wait till I land in the UK to get paperwork or is it possible to do from USA without sending a passport? Has anyone had experience changing address with forms online.. I don't want to send my passport from the USA as worried about it getting lost. I would appreciate any thoughts .. Thank You
Old May 1st 2021, 1:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving License

Originally Posted by countrygirl33
I have a full paper license and need to change my address only. I am moving back to the UK next month and was wondering if anyone has any advice about whether I should wait till I land in the UK to get paperwork or is it possible to do from USA without sending a passport? Has anyone had experience changing address with forms online.. I don't want to send my passport from the USA as worried about it getting lost. I would appreciate any thoughts .. Thank You
You must be an UK resident to apply for a new DL…for that you need proof of an UK address. In the meantime you can use your US DL…if you have one. Your PP is of no use.
Old May 1st 2021, 12:22 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by countrygirl33
The process is very easy & quick. But, as JG points out, you cannot do it until you are resident in the UK. I did it in the UK via snail mail, enclosing a new photo, a photocopy of my passport, and proof of UK address (probably council tax letter, I don’t remember.) I had my nice new driving license in a few days.
Old May 1st 2021, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

durham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond reputedurham_lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
The process is very easy & quick. But, as JG points out, you cannot do it until you are resident in the UK. I did it in the UK via snail mail, enclosing a new photo, a photocopy of my passport, and proof of UK address (probably council tax letter, I don’t remember.) I had my nice new driving license in a few days.
Same with my wife and I.