Dreamimg

Old May 19th 2004, 12:07 am
Forum Regular

friends is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dreamimg

Heading back next thursday yipeeeeeeeee. What are you all looking forward to. I can not wait firstly to see everyone then its straight down to the chinese for duck and pancakes then onto a decent pub. Shopping at next and john lewis. Walks in the countryside without a thousand flys trailing behind you. Nights in talking about the past with friends that you grew up with over several glasses of wine. A show in london followed by shopping. Two hours plane trip to a different country and culture. Christmas with all the lights and carols Open fires and mulled wine..........
Old May 19th 2004, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Alexandra is an unknown quantity at this point

Husband (it has been a while, you know). Friends. Covent Garden. Lush. Opera House (Bolshoi Ballet is visiting soon). The Cork in Leicester Square. Our new flat in South Kensignton. Shopping (ok, shallow). Can't wait.
Old May 19th 2004, 2:49 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

First of all it has to be seeing my family and mates and having huge hugs, the rest are in no order just stuff I look forward to..
curry's, country pubs, chatting with mates about whatever, choice of supermarkets, going for long walks in the countryside, Quorn, cheaps deals to lovely places, Christmas and all the trimmings, Shopping ( you know my Aussie mate is over in the Uk and she says she feels so scruffy compared to all the other women as she says everyone dresses up)...I suppose we do don't we !Choice of seeing bands etc...celebrating my 40th and 4 mates 40th this year, seeing friends new babies that I have not yet held and cooed over...right that's it I am stopping now...enough..think you get the picture !!

yioppepeeeeee
Old May 19th 2004, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

Bella will become famous soon enough

Apart from catching up with friends & family I just can't wait to head up to London, east, west, north & south, & hang out. Soak up the culture, the history, the atmosphere, just wander around.

Then I want to go to a good bookstore & buy a handful of books at a discount price. Then I want to buy some chocolate buttons (actually, I will probably do that soon as I step off the plane)!

And I can't wait for a cold Xmas.

Loads of other stuff too but that will do for now.

Good post.
Old May 19th 2004, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Tapalinga is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy

Of course can't wait to see family and friends and have huge welcome home party (even better than leaving one 2 years ago).

Have fun- sit on the grass without getting eaten by ants or other things. Sit out side at night without getting bitten by mozzies. Just be thankful that we had the opportunity to experience living in oz. And be ever happy....

Originally posted by Bella
Apart from catching up with friends & family I just can't wait to head up to London, east, west, north & south, & hang out. Soak up the culture, the history, the atmosphere, just wander around.

Then I want to go to a good bookstore & buy a handful of books at a discount price. Then I want to buy some chocolate buttons (actually, I will probably do that soon as I step off the plane)!

And I can't wait for a cold Xmas.

Loads of other stuff too but that will do for now.

Good post.
Old May 19th 2004, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Us on the 'Moving Back to UK' forum got a slating from someone yesterday on the Oz/NZ side - they were moaning (typical Brit eh!) that all we do is "start threads and then reply to each other" (durr), ususally about how close we live to our mum, how many varieties of yoghurt we can get in the supermarket, etc etc

Long may threads like this continue!! I think it's great to appreciate even the little things in life. Wouldn't it be sad if nothing made us smile.

Good luck withyour move back Friends.

HP

p.s. I went to John Lewis and Next yesterday....just cool!!
Old May 19th 2004, 10:05 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
Us on the 'Moving Back to UK' forum got a slating from someone yesterday on the Oz/NZ side - they were moaning (typical Brit eh!) that all we do is "start threads and then reply to each other" (durr), ususally about how close we live to our mum, how many varieties of yoghurt we can get in the supermarket, etc etc

Long may threads like this continue!! I think it's great to appreciate even the little things in life. Wouldn't it be sad if nothing made us smile.

Good luck withyour move back Friends.

HP

p.s. I went to John Lewis and Next yesterday....just cool!!

Saw the thread HP...wonder why that person finds the Moving Back to UK forum of any interest!!!!
Old May 19th 2004, 10:26 am

robertd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dreamimg

Hi there,
Reading your thread has just bought the thought of a decent curry flooding back. Althought I dont want to go home yet, what I would do to be able to have a decent chinese meal without things like sweet and sour mud crabs and all that b..l.cks and a decent curry down the local Indian. Have one for me, hope it all works out back home. If tesco, marks and next were here, life would be hunky dorey. Never mind I will have to keep dreaming, but for you its realitily. Cheers Louisaxx
Old May 19th 2004, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

gem03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: dreaming

I have followed the forum for a while, and have thought about posting, but though no, not worth the hassle!
People post their experences and get slagged off something rotten. I want to hear peoples thoughts - you post under "moving back to the UK" cause you are thinking about it and whats it to anyone else. I really, really enjoy, Alexendra, hidden paw, mike, dottie etc posts, but I find some people just do not want to except the fact that they want to leave, and return home. We came to Canada for adventure and all that, and after 5 years we are more than happy to return home. Living in Toronto has been fun, but atfer about 4 years we thought "can I take another long winter", NO. We are bored, miss the amount of hols you get back home, humor also my big thing is Canadian's find it hard to laugh at themselves, and really don't like it when you say in the nicest way you want to return home. Not everyone who comes here needs to stay, we have great health care, schooling, social programmes at home! It also get to me how they are afraid to speak their minds, sometimes I want to shake that false smile off their face and say 'Speak up there man'.
We are glad we came, but are we really any better off, no - so for us, WHY STAY. Being away from friends and family, yes, very hard but it makes you see the big picture. It is great to have a big car/house, but you do work very hard for it. I know we will be happy to kept the Uk as our base and travel. We know we have to change our out look about the Uk, and realised after a trip in the new year, alot of the problems in the Uk, were to do we us, I will not read the trashy press and get caught up in the negative news back home. As I know in Canada they have crime, Toronto has had alot of gun crime, so it is not perfect. But do I still go out at night, yes because I refuse to get caught up in the lastest gun figures.
I suppose I am just saying, some people on here, need to let people have their say, without taking every thing to heart and just except that their great country is NOT great for everyone.
P.S Have a great trip back home Alexandra - enjoy the 'London Thing', but how could you not, it's a kick arse city.
Old May 19th 2004, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Here, Here Gem,

That's what I have been saying living here in Minnesota - can i take another winter of snow and sub zero temps??!!:scared:

Also like you say false smiles and no sense of humour. I've been in the States almost 8 years and know that it is time to go home where as you say we have more holidays and annual leave in the UK. I think we have a better education system in the UK compared to the US and as everyone knows here- it's my driving factor to move back.

Good luck to everyone moving back to the UK and don't get disheartened by negativity.
Old May 19th 2004, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

gem03 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh winter is a drag. My Dad lives in N.Y and I lived there, for a while. Same shite as Canada, life about money, work, work, work crappy amount of time off. Education, say no more.
Good things about UK, Canada and US, but depends on what you want. Glad to be headind back. Good luck
Old May 19th 2004, 3:21 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Can't wait to get back and sit with my mum, while eating a Muller yogurt that hasn't cost me $1.50

and all the other things too!!!!! Like going shopping and having a variety to choose from...blimey it's going to take me hours to do the first few weeks shopping!!!
Old May 19th 2004, 11:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

aaahhh-quorn and chocolate buttons-but obviously not at the same time!

Originally posted by Pants
First of all it has to be seeing my family and mates and having huge hugs, the rest are in no order just stuff I look forward to..
curry's, country pubs, chatting with mates about whatever, choice of supermarkets, going for long walks in the countryside, Quorn, cheaps deals to lovely places, Christmas and all the trimmings, Shopping ( you know my Aussie mate is over in the Uk and she says she feels so scruffy compared to all the other women as she says everyone dresses up)...I suppose we do don't we !Choice of seeing bands etc...celebrating my 40th and 4 mates 40th this year, seeing friends new babies that I have not yet held and cooed over...right that's it I am stopping now...enough..think you get the picture !!

yioppepeeeeee
Old May 20th 2004, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: California since 1997 now back in UK since July 2004
honeymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond reputehoneymommy has a reputation beyond repute

I love reading everyones posts in a thread like this, it's brings back memories for me...

I am looking forward to walking in the park in the autumn, kicking the leaves and smelling that fresh after rain smell...

I want some fish and chips with loads of salt and vinegar. Hubby wants his curry sauce from the chinese.

I want to be able to go buy decent juice for my kids that doesn't cost an arm and a leg or have so many colours/adatives they almost explode from hyperactivity......

I want a proper icecream soda.... All vanillary (not sure if thats a word actually but you get the gist)

I want to take my kids blackberry picking, go home and make pies and eat them with cornish cream..... YUM!!!!

Oh and someone mentioned twiglets somewhere here... Luv em....

Ok... so it's 11.39pm here and I am craving english food now.... LOL

To all who are going back.... Have a great time, enjoy...