Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Don't undervalue yourself RE:Denied Income Support after quoting 'Swaddling' case

Don't undervalue yourself RE:Denied Income Support after quoting 'Swaddling' case

Old Jul 18th 2010, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Brutuscass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Don't undervalue yourself RE:Denied Income Support after quoting 'Swaddling' case

After reading some of comments in the Thread (Denied Income Support after quoting 'Swaddling' case) I was shocked to see that some people were putting down others, in this I am referring to those who seem to think that a Brit returning from abroad should beg on their knees for state help!! When people from EEA members state walk though the door as welcome guest and claim all they like with few to no problems due to the fear that any friction on the part of DWP staff will be seen as Racist (or culturist)!
Well me fellow Brits, and I am not in anyway intending to be Nationalistic here, though we are by right of Birth granted status greater than any non Brit on our own soil! What on earth am I talking about you may well be asking!
If you are holding a British Birth certificate then you are in fact a share holder of this land, I know that some will laugh at this as an absurd idea, but that is only because they have never taken to time to consider what it all really means and what that piece of paper really is!
It is a Certification and not a licence and this is the first and most important thing to understand, then we must move forward in understand what exactly this piece of paper entitles us to (the wording here is very important, as it is in fact a certification of entitlement) now I will spare you all the greater details here, but instead point you all in a direction that you may well find of great interest, which is that of Trust and equities though it is not needed to follow the path to the final conclusion (even if it could be an extremely interesting investigation) it is enough to remember that as a right of birth you have a vested interest in the lands which are called Britain and therefore unquestionable rights wherein!
YOU ARE A BRITIAN AND NEVER NEVER TO BE A SLAVE! at least that is what they have always tried to push into our heads!
Rule Britannia

For Clarity
CIS/0865/2008

DECISION OF THE SOCIAL SECURITY COMMISSIONER
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...%202008-00.doc (Persons from Abroad) Regulations 2006

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2006/20061026.htm#7

Make particular note note of
(4) A claimant is not a person from abroad if he is—

(e) a person who has a right to reside permanently in the United Kingdom by virtue of Article 17 of that Directive;

Last edited by Brutuscass; Jul 18th 2010 at 1:24 pm. Reason: more further info
Old Jul 18th 2010, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

Brutuscass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Don't undervalue yourself RE:Denied Income Support after quoting 'Swaddling' case

Just to make it all clear here is the CIS/0865/2008

DECISION OF THE SOCIAL SECURITY COMMISSIONER

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...%202008-00.doc (Persons from Abroad) Regulations 2006
Old Jul 18th 2010, 3:22 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Don't undervalue yourself RE:Denied Income Support after quoting 'Swaddling' case

That was interesting Thanks.
Old Jul 18th 2010, 8:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brutuscass
Make particular note note of
(4) A claimant is not a person from abroad if he is—

(e) a person who has a right to reside permanently in the United Kingdom by virtue of Article 17 of that Directive;
I haven't read everything in the links but the issue regarding benefit claims is not about being from abroad or being British.

The issue is one of habitual residency in the UK...a subject that is looked at regardless of whether one is from abroad or British.

One can be British, resident abroad and visiting the UK. One has the right of residence in the UK but not the entitlement to certain benefits if one resides outside the UK.